Sherri Shepherd Shows Off Her Engagement Ring
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Jan 11th 2011 12:00PM
The co-host of ABC's chat fest 'The View' returned from a holiday break to show off a ring finger featuring a 3-carat princess-cut diamond-and-platinum engagement ring from her new fiance, Los Angeles-based television writer Lamar Sally.
Moderator Whoopi Goldberg opened 'The View' yesterday morning with a shout-out to her beaming colleague, who was greeted with cheers from the studio audience and her cast mates, including Barbara Walters, as Shepherd raised her hand, and a screen behind the panel flashed a close-up of her shiny new Christmas gift.
Jewelry and style expert Michael O'Connor tells StyleList he's not surprised Shepherd was happy to show off the ring.
"The diamond cut is classic, but the pavé stones on the side make it modern and stylish," he says. "Since the diamonds were set in platinum, Sherri doesn't need to worry about them falling out." O'Connor put the price of the ring at approximately $70,000.
The couple, dating for about a year, were engaged with the nonchalant blessing of Jeffrey, Shepherd's 5-year-old son from a previous marriage, who was apparently more impressed with his own gift from Sally: a game.
Shepherd described the on-bended-knee proposal that followed: "And he said to Jeffrey, 'Can I marry your mom?' And Jeffrey's like, 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, can I play with my game?' And he got on one knee and said, 'Mrs. Shepherd, would you be my wife?' And I said, 'Yeah.'"
Shepherd and Sally were introduced by mutual friend Niecy Nash, the comedian, host and former 'Dancing With the Stars' contestant.
Shepherd, who applauded and blew kisses at a picture shared with the audience of her with her fiance, thanked her co-hosts, who had advised her to keep the relationship low-key in its early stages.
"I told you last year, I met somebody at a party. But over the year, we were dating quietly because you guys were saying, 'Keep it quiet. Put some strength under your relationship.'"
Sally's writing credits include television shows such as 'The Nanny' and 'Rodney.' Co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck said of the future groom, "He's a good man." Shepherd did not announce a wedding date. Read More From StyleList >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- Ed Sheeran "Feels Bad," Says He'll Apologize to Miley Cyrus After Calling Her a Stripper
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!