Sherri Shepherd Shows Off Her Engagement Ring
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Jan 11th 2011 12:00PM
The co-host of ABC's chat fest 'The View' returned from a holiday break to show off a ring finger featuring a 3-carat princess-cut diamond-and-platinum engagement ring from her new fiance, Los Angeles-based television writer Lamar Sally.
Moderator Whoopi Goldberg opened 'The View' yesterday morning with a shout-out to her beaming colleague, who was greeted with cheers from the studio audience and her cast mates, including Barbara Walters, as Shepherd raised her hand, and a screen behind the panel flashed a close-up of her shiny new Christmas gift.
Jewelry and style expert Michael O'Connor tells StyleList he's not surprised Shepherd was happy to show off the ring.
"The diamond cut is classic, but the pavé stones on the side make it modern and stylish," he says. "Since the diamonds were set in platinum, Sherri doesn't need to worry about them falling out." O'Connor put the price of the ring at approximately $70,000.
The couple, dating for about a year, were engaged with the nonchalant blessing of Jeffrey, Shepherd's 5-year-old son from a previous marriage, who was apparently more impressed with his own gift from Sally: a game.
Shepherd described the on-bended-knee proposal that followed: "And he said to Jeffrey, 'Can I marry your mom?' And Jeffrey's like, 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, can I play with my game?' And he got on one knee and said, 'Mrs. Shepherd, would you be my wife?' And I said, 'Yeah.'"
Shepherd and Sally were introduced by mutual friend Niecy Nash, the comedian, host and former 'Dancing With the Stars' contestant.
Shepherd, who applauded and blew kisses at a picture shared with the audience of her with her fiance, thanked her co-hosts, who had advised her to keep the relationship low-key in its early stages.
"I told you last year, I met somebody at a party. But over the year, we were dating quietly because you guys were saying, 'Keep it quiet. Put some strength under your relationship.'"
Sally's writing credits include television shows such as 'The Nanny' and 'Rodney.' Co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck said of the future groom, "He's a good man." Shepherd did not announce a wedding date. Read More From StyleList >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Team America: World Police Showing in Place of The Interview at Texas Movie Theater: Details
- Kris Jenner, Bruce Jenner Finalize Divorce Less Than Three Months After Filing: Report
- Sony Hack: Angelina Jolie, Leonardo DiCaprio, Obama, and More of the Biggest Leaks, Timeline of Events
- Ex-'Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden indicted on rape charges
- Fox News should air ?The Interview,' says Jimmy Kimmel
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Before Stephen Colbert's Final Colbert Report, Check Out These 12 Fascinating Facts About Him!
- A Man Spent $150,000 on Plastic Surgery to Look Like Kim Kardashian (Seriously!): See the Pics
- Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie O'Donnell Scream at Each Other While Debating Racism on The View: Watch the Controversial Fight!