Carrie Fisher Loses Weight With Jenny Craig But Isn't Ready to Wear Her Princess Leia Swimsuit
By Amber James Posted Jan 12th 2011 05:30PM
After years of yo-yo dieting, the 5'1" actress is opening up about her body image insecurities and why she's finally ready to slim down.
"I know how to eat alone, but I need help not eating," Fisher tells PopEater. "I haven't been able to enjoy a good part of my life because so much of what's on my mind is about my weight."
Fisher, who was 180 lbs. at her heaviest, admits she didn't recognize herself anymore when she looked in the mirror. "There were days when I didn't want to leave the house because I didn't like the way I looked," she added.
Fisher admits she's had a lifelong struggle with her weight, adding even when she weighed in at 105 lbs. for 'Star Wars,' producers told her she was fat and needed to lose 10 lbs.
She slowly packed on the pounds over the years, but after her father, crooner Eddie Fisher, died last September, her "bad eating habits" worsened as she grazed on junk food and continued to use "mood stabilizers."
"What you gain emotionally, you lose because you feel better. Then whoops, you're fat! Then, you're depressed about being fat, and you wind up taking another pill," she adds. "But I had to stop making excuses."
She joined Jenny Craig's MetabolicMAX program in late November and reveals she has already shed 12 lbs. by eating plan-approved meals and exercising five days a week.
Although she's well on her way to losing 30 lbs, Fisher doesn't plan to wear her infamous Princess Leia two-piece when she reachs her weight loss goal.
"I wore that costume 30 years ago. That's what pisses me off. I'm always compared to that image," she says. "I didn't realize that I had to stay looking like that my entire life. Otherwise, I would have never put that outfit on," she laments.
Fisher will appear in Jenny Craig's new advertising campaign that launches in February 2011, joining the ranks of previous Jenny Craig spokespeople like Valerie Bertinelli, Sara Rue, Nicole Sullivan and Jason Alexander.
Stars Working Out
Kate Gosselin takes advantage of her alone time to bundle up and take a morning jog through the suburban streets of Wernersville, Pennsylvania.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Harry Styles Takes Kendall Jenner to Gay Bar, Gwyneth Paltrow Attends Jennifer Aniston's Holiday Party: Top 5 Stories
- Adam Shankman Checks Into Rehab, "Seeking Treatment"
- Paris Hilton Reunites With Simple Life Costar, Former BFF Nicole Richie in Miami: Picture
- Kenya Moore Reveals Heartbreaking Relationship With Her Mother: She Doesn’t Love Me & Pretends I’m Invisible
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- The Voice's Top 5 Take the Semi-Finals Stage, Sleepy Hollow's Fall Finale's Shocking Reveal and More OMG TV Moments!
- Lea Michele Releases Preview of Debut Single "Cannonball"—Plus, Check Out Her Album Cover for Louder!
- Gavin Rossdale and 24-Year-Old Daughter Daisy Lowe Enjoy Park Date in London—Take a Look!