Carrie Fisher Loses Weight With Jenny Craig But Isn't Ready to Wear Her Princess Leia Swimsuit
By Amber James Posted Jan 12th 2011 05:30PM
After years of yo-yo dieting, the 5'1" actress is opening up about her body image insecurities and why she's finally ready to slim down.
"I know how to eat alone, but I need help not eating," Fisher tells PopEater. "I haven't been able to enjoy a good part of my life because so much of what's on my mind is about my weight."
Fisher, who was 180 lbs. at her heaviest, admits she didn't recognize herself anymore when she looked in the mirror. "There were days when I didn't want to leave the house because I didn't like the way I looked," she added.
Fisher admits she's had a lifelong struggle with her weight, adding even when she weighed in at 105 lbs. for 'Star Wars,' producers told her she was fat and needed to lose 10 lbs.
She slowly packed on the pounds over the years, but after her father, crooner Eddie Fisher, died last September, her "bad eating habits" worsened as she grazed on junk food and continued to use "mood stabilizers."
"What you gain emotionally, you lose because you feel better. Then whoops, you're fat! Then, you're depressed about being fat, and you wind up taking another pill," she adds. "But I had to stop making excuses."
She joined Jenny Craig's MetabolicMAX program in late November and reveals she has already shed 12 lbs. by eating plan-approved meals and exercising five days a week.
Although she's well on her way to losing 30 lbs, Fisher doesn't plan to wear her infamous Princess Leia two-piece when she reachs her weight loss goal.
"I wore that costume 30 years ago. That's what pisses me off. I'm always compared to that image," she says. "I didn't realize that I had to stay looking like that my entire life. Otherwise, I would have never put that outfit on," she laments.
Fisher will appear in Jenny Craig's new advertising campaign that launches in February 2011, joining the ranks of previous Jenny Craig spokespeople like Valerie Bertinelli, Sara Rue, Nicole Sullivan and Jason Alexander.
Stars Working Out
Kate Gosselin takes advantage of her alone time to bundle up and take a morning jog through the suburban streets of Wernersville, Pennsylvania.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Orange County Season 9: Meet the New Housewives Elizabeth "Lizzie" Rovsek and Shannon Beador
- Bachelor Juan Pablo's Obscene Comment to Clare Crawley, Celebs React to His Pick: Top Stories
- Simon Cowell's Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Shows Off Post-Baby Body in Sheer Top: See the Look!
- Stop The Lies! ‘Jaded’ Heather Thomas Tired Of ?RHONY' Costar Aviva Drescher’s Fibs: ‘I Had The Wool Pulled Over My Eyes'
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The Originals Shocker: Star Claire Holt Exiting the Series—Find Out What Happened to Rebekah!
- Real Housewives of New York's Shocking Confession, Glee's Tear-Jerking Nationals Performance and More OMG TV Moments
- Juan Pablo Galavis Releases Video Montage of His Best Moments With Nikki Ferrell from The Bachelor and Beyond—Watch Now!