Carrie Fisher Loses Weight With Jenny Craig But Isn't Ready to Wear Her Princess Leia Swimsuit
By Amber James Posted Jan 12th 2011 05:30PM
After years of yo-yo dieting, the 5'1" actress is opening up about her body image insecurities and why she's finally ready to slim down.
"I know how to eat alone, but I need help not eating," Fisher tells PopEater. "I haven't been able to enjoy a good part of my life because so much of what's on my mind is about my weight."
Fisher, who was 180 lbs. at her heaviest, admits she didn't recognize herself anymore when she looked in the mirror. "There were days when I didn't want to leave the house because I didn't like the way I looked," she added.
Fisher admits she's had a lifelong struggle with her weight, adding even when she weighed in at 105 lbs. for 'Star Wars,' producers told her she was fat and needed to lose 10 lbs.
She slowly packed on the pounds over the years, but after her father, crooner Eddie Fisher, died last September, her "bad eating habits" worsened as she grazed on junk food and continued to use "mood stabilizers."
"What you gain emotionally, you lose because you feel better. Then whoops, you're fat! Then, you're depressed about being fat, and you wind up taking another pill," she adds. "But I had to stop making excuses."
She joined Jenny Craig's MetabolicMAX program in late November and reveals she has already shed 12 lbs. by eating plan-approved meals and exercising five days a week.
Although she's well on her way to losing 30 lbs, Fisher doesn't plan to wear her infamous Princess Leia two-piece when she reachs her weight loss goal.
"I wore that costume 30 years ago. That's what pisses me off. I'm always compared to that image," she says. "I didn't realize that I had to stay looking like that my entire life. Otherwise, I would have never put that outfit on," she laments.
Fisher will appear in Jenny Craig's new advertising campaign that launches in February 2011, joining the ranks of previous Jenny Craig spokespeople like Valerie Bertinelli, Sara Rue, Nicole Sullivan and Jason Alexander.
Stars Working Out
Kate Gosselin takes advantage of her alone time to bundle up and take a morning jog through the suburban streets of Wernersville, Pennsylvania.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miss America 2015 Winner Is Miss New York Kira Kazantsev; Plus the Competition's Top Moments
- Orange Is the New Black Writer Divorces Husband, Dates Samira Wiley; Django Star Daniele Watts Handcuffed After Kissing Husband: Top Stories
- Toronto International Film Festival Standout Films, Performances
- Will Smith Arrives At Showtime’s VIP Prefight Party For “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ At The MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Fans Slam Vicki Gunvalson After She Continues Defending Boyfriend Brooks Ayers' Sleazy Behavior: ?You Need To Take The Blindfolds Off!’ Says One Follower
- 'Django Unchained' actress Daniele Watts detained, released by police
- Miss New York crowned Miss America for third year in a row
- Country star Lynn Anderson charged with DUI