Oprah Blames 30 Pound Mac and Cheese Binge on Evil Doll
Oprah Winfrey is one talk-show queen (and now head of OWN Network) who never shies away from discussing her lifelong battle to maintain a healthy weight.
In an outtake from her interview airing next Monday during the premiere episode of 'Piers Morgan Tonight,' Oprah candidly opens up about one scary movie character that literally caused her to eat her emotions... in the form of cheddar and carbohydrates.
Oprah says that when her film 'Beloved' premiered in 1998, the same weekend as the iconic horror film 'Bride of Chucky,' she knew by early Saturday that the box office had been dominated by the gore-filled flick.
Oprah recalls, "I didn't even know what 'Chucky' was. So, I asked my chef at the time to make some macaroni and cheese... and I ate about 30 pounds worth. I'm not kidding!"
But Oprah is, after all, Oprah, so she used the experience as a learning moment.
"I think the way life is set up, for most people who have the opportunity to succeed, is that if you get the lesson, you don't have to repeat that again," she says.
'Chucky' might have beat out Oprah back in 1998, but I think it's safe to say she's gotten her revenge on the scary doll through her successes over the past decade. Child's play is no match for a strong, powerful woman who, very humanly, still has moments of weakness and stuffs her feelings.
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ryan Reynolds Jokes Baby Daughter James Doesn't Like Anything: "No Problem That a Breast Won't Fix!"
- Vanessa Paradis' Daughter Lily-Rose Depp Is Basically Her Twin: See the Look-Alike Duo on the Red Carpet
- January Jones Dating Will Forte: Details on the New Costar Couple!
- Giuliana Rancic: My cancer medication makes me skinny
- Avril Lavigne on health scare: 'I thought I was dying'
- John Lennon's first wife Cynthia Lennon dead