Stephen Baldwin: 'I Did a Very Foolish Thing' by Attacking Sean Hannity
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 12th 2011 06:10PM
"I did a very foolish thing," Stephen admits when he reacted negatively (and publicly) after Sean played Alec's pig-headed voice mails to his then 11-year-old daughter during a Jan. 4 broadcast. "When Sean played that again, it really caused a knee-jerk reaction in me 'cause it's my brother," he tells PopEater. Watch after the jump.
That "knee-jerk reaction" came in the form of a text message and comments to Page Six, where Stephen bellowed, "This behavior by Hannity is the stupidity that people often refer to when they think of George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. If he needs to lower himself to petty stupidity, then he needs to get off the radio."
Them's fightin' words and the FOX News star quickly shot back by slamming the '30 Rock'-er for not fighting his own battles.
"Alec trash-mouths all the time, including me, and it's too bad he needs his little brother to defend him," he said. "I don't need lectures from any Baldwin on conservatism, religion, politics or anything else. That's one screwed-up bunch."
Stephen now says that what Sean isn't taking into consideration is that making fun of someone can be "hurtful to others. Other members of my family."
Chalk it all up to brotherly love, but Stephen now thinks he was in the wrong and is ready to attone to his fellow Christian conservative.
"I'm here ... to publicly apologize to Sean Hannity and say that I'm very sorry. That was not the correct thing to do, and I feel terrible about it. In turn, it became a much more exacerbated situation because he got upset, and he got angry and kind of used his platform in a greater way to make the matters worse. So I just wanna call it even, and wanna say Sean, from the bottom of my heart, God bless ya. I apologize and wanna take the higher road here, bury the hatchet and just hopefully start over."
Stephen's brother, Billy, also stood up for Alec last week, telling me on my HDNet show 'Naughty But Nice Rob' that those infamous voice mails are "totally misunderstood." Watch:
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Videos -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Selma Blair on Playing Kris Jenner in American Crime Story: "I Don't Have Enough Good Things to Say About Her"
- Macklemore Shares Sweet Pic Napping With His Baby Girl: "There Is Nothing Better"
- Evan Ross' Sweet Birthday Message to Wife Ashlee Simpson
- Tori Spelling reveals she had sex with Jason Priestley
- 'Real Housewife' star Jill Zarin in car accident
- French Ministry hosts dwarf fashion show
- Hillary Clinton Returns to Saturday Night Live With a Message for Donald Trump—Watch Now!
- Tori Spelling Takes the Ultimate Lie-Detector Test: 5 Most Shocking Revelations From the Beverly Hills, 90210 Star
- Newlyweds Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Are the Perfect Match in Black at The Leftovers Premiere