Tony Bennett to Record Duet With Amy Winehouse
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 12th 2011 11:00AM
The New York Post reports that Bennett is gearing up for a duet with soul sensation Amy Winehouse, whom Bennett claims is a big fan of his work.
Bennett confirmed, saying, "We're working on partnering up to record a duet together, but it's still in the works."
Bennett's wife, Susan Bennedetto, says that Winehouse "went to see him twice while he was performing in London."
With any luck, Bennett's influence will rub off on the troubled star -- the singer, who admits to battling cocaine addiction in his memoir 'The Good Life,' has been sober since the late 1970s and routinely denounces the lifestyle that almost cost him his career.
Check out Bennett's famous duet with Stevie Wonder.
MORE ABOUT Amy Winehouse
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Amy Winehouse Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actors who played real people
- Bob Dylan's Newport guitar sells in NY for $965,000
- 'Family Guy's' Brian coming back in upcoming episode?
- ?Sound of Music Live!': The original film's Von Trapp children respond
- ?Vampire Diaries' actress Candice Accola stars in The Fray's ?Love Don't Die' video, kisses fiance Joe King ? VIDEO
- Paris Hilton slams fake Nelson Mandela tweet: ?Get a life and stop talking about mine'
- Austin Mahone Wants a Lamborghini for Christmas!
- Danica Patrick on Paul Walker's Death: ?It Feels a Little Bit Too Close to Home'
- Paul Walker's Memorial Service: All the Details
- Original Sound of Music Star Slams Carrie Underwood, Olympian Bode Miller Opens Up About "Brutal" Custody Battle for Son: Top 5 Stories
- Drew Barrymore Teases Baby's Gender With Blue and Pink Nails: See the Picture of Her Manicure
- David Arquette Points at Pregnant Girlfriend Christina McLarty's Baby Bump at Miami Party: See the Picture