Camille Grammer Meets Kelsey's New Love: 'It Was a Little Uncomfortable'
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 13th 2011 05:05PM
EXCLUSIVE: Camille Grammer and ex Kelsey Grammer had their first meeting in months on Thursday, and the 'Fraiser' actor even brought along his fiancee Kayte Walsh, the 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' star tells me in an exclusive interview.
"I saw Kelsey today, and I met Kayte for the first time," Camille reveals. "It was a little uncomfortable at first, but then I met her and I shook her hand. And I looked into her eyes, and I thought, 'She's OK, she's nice.'"
Camille's reaction to meeting the 29-year-old woman who her husband left her for may come as a surprise to those who know her as the villain on 'Housewives.' But the 42-year-old actress and model says she's committed to taking the high road in order to keep her family as together as possible.
"It's really important for me and Kelsey to be friends and amicable for our children's sake," she says. "Because you know, we have to co-parent and that's the correct way to do it."
"I hope so, I hope so. I keep reaching out to him, but I think it's going to take a little time from his part," Camille believes. "Don't know why, you'd think it'd be the other way around."
Kelsey, 55, filed for divorce, after 13 years of marriage, during the summer after falling in love with Kayte.
"I found out during filming that he wanted out and that he had moved another woman into our apartment in New York and she had gotten pregnant," she says. "And I ended up the bad guy!"
Camille tells me she has already decided whether or not she will return next season after being very unhappy with the way she has been portrayed. "The show depicts me as the bad guy," she laments. Sadly, she can't make the announcement yet.
Camille was also laughing about remarks she made yesterday on Howard Stern's radio show, implying her ex liked to dress up in women's clothing. "I was joking," Camille admits. "I have known Howard for years, and when you agree to do his show you know you have to play."
Kelsey Grammer Snapshots
US actor Kelsey Grammer and guest pose on the red carpet of the Kennedy Center Honors gala performance at the Kennedy Center in Washington on December 5, 2010. AFP PHOTO/Nicholas KAMM (Photo credit should read NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP/Getty Images)
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Camille Grammer
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Camille Grammer Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- French Montana Dishes on Khloe Kardashian Split: "She's My Baby Forever"
- Lauren Conrad's Longtime Stylist Kristin Ess Explains Why the Star Keeps Getting Haircuts
- Andy Cohen Was "Basically Crying" at RHONJ Reunion, "Could Barely Look at" Teresa Giudice
- Kanye West, Madonna and More Attend Keep A Child Alive’s 11th Annual Black Ball
- She'll ?Be My Baby Forever' – French Montana Alludes To Khlo
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan Spoof Taylor Swift's ''Shake It Off" Music Video—and It Might Be Better Than the Original!
- Disney Princess Hair: Recreate Snow White's Bob, Cinderella's Updo & More—Watch Now!
- J.K. Rowling Releases New Harry Potter Short Story Just in Time for Halloween!