Martha Stewart in Bloody Brawl with French Bulldog?
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Jan 13th 2011 06:14PM
TMZ reports that Martha leaned over to "whisper goodbye" to the sleeping pup. Martha assumes she "startled" the dog, because Francesca shot upward and hit Martha in the face, busting open her lip.
Martha says she "felt a bit of whiplash as blood gushed forth from [her] split lip." Unable to stop the bleeding herself, Martha called the police for a ride to hospital. She then remembered she had her own driver on standby, who was able to get her to the emergency room.
She received nine stiches to close up the bloody gash on her upper lip. Let's hope her doctor sewed that wound up precisely -- Martha's an expert seamstress and undoubtedly inspected the M.D.'s work.
Francecsa probably isn't in too much trouble for sending Martha to the hospital. It was, after all, an accident, and Martha is quite outspoken about her love for her dogs.
Francesca and her "sister," Sharkey, have their own blog, The Daily Wag. Martha and friends "help" the dogs give updates about their daily lives, as well as provide resources for pet owners. One of Martha's dogs was tragically killed in a kennel explosion in 2009.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Usain Bolt Gets Taken Out By Cameraman on Segway, Jokes Justin Gatlin "Paid Him Off"
- Kris Jenner, 59, Rocks a Tiny Bikini During St. Barts Family Vacation
- Tamar Braxton Admits Ariana Grande Can Sing, But Insists "There's One Mariah"
- Olympian Suzy Favor Hamilton: Why I became a $600/hr hooker
- Maria Menounos reportedly feuding with fellow E! News host Catt Sadler
- Lisa Kudrow joins Taylor Swift to sing 'Smelly Cat' from 'Friends'