Camille Grammer: 'I Do Believe I Can Find Love Again'
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 14th 2011 11:00PM
EXCLUSIVE: Camille Grammer has been through hell and back again in the past half-year since her husband Kelsey Grammer told her he had fallen for a younger woman. Who had moved into their apartment. And was having his child. But time heals many wounds and that applies to the resilient 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' star, who now says that she's "open" to the idea of finding love again.
"I'm not bitter," she tells me, amazingly, in a candid interview. "Because I've gone through many different stages and right now I do believe I can find love again. I'm open to the idea."
That's hard to fathom, especially after the 2010 she had.
"I mean, it was very hard, and then I had to get up and go to work because I was also obligated to do the show," she says.
How much does she share about the divorce with the pair's two children, 9-year-old daughter Mason and 6-year-old son Jude? Camille says it was "very hard in the beginning" but that after consulting her therapist, she knew there was only one path.
"He said to be as honest as you can. Because you don't want to lie to your children and you have to tell them that daddy's not coming home," she says. "And that was really hard because I was the one left to tell them because Kelsey was already gone in New York."
As I reported here first, Camille met Kelsey's new love on Thursday and by all accounts the encounter went well.
"It was a little uncomfortable at first, but then I met her and I shook her hand. And I looked into her eyes, and I thought, 'She's OK, she's nice.'"
Kelsey, 55, filed for divorce, after 13 years of marriage, during the summer. He and Cayte are expecting their first child together and are planning to wed next month.
Kelsey Grammer Snapshots
US actor Kelsey Grammer and guest pose on the red carpet of the Kennedy Center Honors gala performance at the Kennedy Center in Washington on December 5, 2010. AFP PHOTO/Nicholas KAMM (Photo credit should read NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP/Getty Images)
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Videos -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Camille Grammer
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Camille Grammer Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner Set to Appear As Woman on Vanity Fair Cover: Details
- Bruce Jenner, Kylie Jenner Bond on Keeping Up With the Kardashians Midseason Finale: Watch a Clip!
- Ethan Embry: Kissing Jennifer Love Hewitt in Can't Hardly Wait Was "Uncomfortable," She Gave Me a "Big Basket of Breath Mints!"
- TV star Dustin Diamond convicted of misdemeanors in Christmas Day stabbing
- Matt Weiner talks ?Mad Men' finale: ?I had a ton of doubts'
- Put Down That Thong, Girl: Granny Panties Are (Apparently) Coming Back in Style
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Shows Off the British Accent He Picked Up From England's Version of Jersey Shore: Watch Now!
- Trista Sutter Reminds Us That the Bachelor Franchise Does Result in Lasting Love...Sometimes!