Malin Akerman: Taking Over For Lindsay Lohan Was 'So Awkward'
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 14th 2011 02:27PM
Akerman, 32, took over the part of the late porn star at the end of 2010, while Lindsay Lohan, who was originally scheduled to play the 'Deep Throat' star, was receiving treatment for substance abuse.
Akerman told Fox 411 of the switch, "Of course [it was so awkward] but it will be a wonderful journey. ... [Lovelace] was a survivor. Unfortunately she's not with us anymore, but her life was really incredible and I am excited for that to come out."
The film's producer, Chris Hanley, told PEOPLE of his decision to swap actressess, "Lindsay had scheduling issues due to legal obligations ... For herself and her career in general it was really her decision to just focus on getting better psychologically."
As for Akerman, she's excited to tackle the challenging role. "I'm just trying to do all my research and really get the character right," she said. "I'm reading her book and I'm reading any kind of information that I can get my hands on."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Furious 7' box office champ for fourth straight weekend
- 'Good Fellas' actors spill secrets at 25th anniversary screening
- Kim's ex, Kris Humphries says sorry for Bruce Jenner tweet
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Hundreds of German Theaters Boycotting Marvel Film
- 'Super Troopers 2' Crowdfunding Campaign Pulls in $4.4M
- 'Mad Men' Alum Bryan Batt Reflects on Sal, Smoking and His Three Seasons With the Show
- Weekend Box Office: 'Furious 7' Cruises to Top Spot
- Will One of These Five Actors Will Be the Next Spider-Man?
- The Top 10 Cheesiest Movie Quotes of All Time