Malin Akerman: Taking Over For Lindsay Lohan Was 'So Awkward'
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 14th 2011 02:27PM
Akerman, 32, took over the part of the late porn star at the end of 2010, while Lindsay Lohan, who was originally scheduled to play the 'Deep Throat' star, was receiving treatment for substance abuse.
Akerman told Fox 411 of the switch, "Of course [it was so awkward] but it will be a wonderful journey. ... [Lovelace] was a survivor. Unfortunately she's not with us anymore, but her life was really incredible and I am excited for that to come out."
The film's producer, Chris Hanley, told PEOPLE of his decision to swap actressess, "Lindsay had scheduling issues due to legal obligations ... For herself and her career in general it was really her decision to just focus on getting better psychologically."
As for Akerman, she's excited to tackle the challenging role. "I'm just trying to do all my research and really get the character right," she said. "I'm reading her book and I'm reading any kind of information that I can get my hands on."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Debbie Reynolds accepts lifetime achievement award from Screen Actors Guild
- 'Full House' cast performs theme song at reunion
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Sundance: Ewan McGregor Explains What Its Like to Portray Jesus
- 'Selma' Director, Star Team for Hurricane Katrina Drama
- 'The Originals': Charles Michael Davis Previews Marcel's World War I Backstory
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Emma Watson Cast as Belle in Disney's Live-Action 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Recap of Revenge Episode 14: Escape To Witch Mountain
- SAG Awards 2015 Winners: The Full List