Malin Akerman: Taking Over For Lindsay Lohan Was 'So Awkward'
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 14th 2011 02:27PM
Akerman, 32, took over the part of the late porn star at the end of 2010, while Lindsay Lohan, who was originally scheduled to play the 'Deep Throat' star, was receiving treatment for substance abuse.
Akerman told Fox 411 of the switch, "Of course [it was so awkward] but it will be a wonderful journey. ... [Lovelace] was a survivor. Unfortunately she's not with us anymore, but her life was really incredible and I am excited for that to come out."
The film's producer, Chris Hanley, told PEOPLE of his decision to swap actressess, "Lindsay had scheduling issues due to legal obligations ... For herself and her career in general it was really her decision to just focus on getting better psychologically."
As for Akerman, she's excited to tackle the challenging role. "I'm just trying to do all my research and really get the character right," she said. "I'm reading her book and I'm reading any kind of information that I can get my hands on."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Valerie Harper reportedly rushed to hospital, 'doesn't look good'
- Ronda Rousey gained 15 lbs to feel more beautiful
- Woody Allen on relationship with Soon-Yi: She responded to someone who was paternal
- Watch Jason Segel Perfectly Change Definitions While Playing Word Sneak With Jimmy Fallon
- Netflix Sets Theatrical Dates for Cary Fukunaga's 'Beasts of No Nation'
- James Woods Sues Twitter User for $10 Million Over "Cocaine Addict" Accusation
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Haunting 'Room' Trailer Will Make You Feel All the Feelings
- Idris Elba Is Out for Blood in Intense First Trailer for Netflix's 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Ugh, 'Little Women' Is Getting a 'Gritty' Reboot at The CW