Malin Akerman: Taking Over For Lindsay Lohan Was 'So Awkward'
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 14th 2011 02:27PM
Akerman, 32, took over the part of the late porn star at the end of 2010, while Lindsay Lohan, who was originally scheduled to play the 'Deep Throat' star, was receiving treatment for substance abuse.
Akerman told Fox 411 of the switch, "Of course [it was so awkward] but it will be a wonderful journey. ... [Lovelace] was a survivor. Unfortunately she's not with us anymore, but her life was really incredible and I am excited for that to come out."
The film's producer, Chris Hanley, told PEOPLE of his decision to swap actressess, "Lindsay had scheduling issues due to legal obligations ... For herself and her career in general it was really her decision to just focus on getting better psychologically."
As for Akerman, she's excited to tackle the challenging role. "I'm just trying to do all my research and really get the character right," she said. "I'm reading her book and I'm reading any kind of information that I can get my hands on."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Seinfeld's' Mr. Kruger, Daniel von Bargen, dies at 64
- 'CSI: Cyber' stars discuss show's timely debut
- Kristen Stewart: 'I love putting myself through hell'
- Eastern European Movie Showcase Cottbus Appoints New Artistic Director
- Michael Sheen to Share Career Insights at London BAFTA Event
- Runway Rock: Paris Fashion Week, Part Un
- Best of Late Night TV: Conan In Cuba and Zoe Kravitz's Game of Beer Pong (VIDEO)
- Dave Franco Facts: 10 Things You Didn't Know About the 'Unfinished Business' Star
- Neill Blomkamp Is Sad More People Don't Explode In 'Chappie' (EXCLUSIVE)