Christina Hendricks' 1999 Playboy Look
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Jan 15th 2011 11:10AM
A photo of Christina Hendricks first published more than a decade ago in Playboy (no, she's not naked) has recently been unearthed and shared with the mag's loyal readers via TheSmokingJacket.
The pics, including an outtake seen on the site, aren't exactly tasteful (what were we expecting?). The curvy 'Mad Men' star, who has inspired girls around the world to embrace their natural, ample frames, is seen in a choppy platinum wig, wearing red lips and nails, and a silver string bikini. In the bizarre clown-themed tableau, she poses as one of a trio of fair maidens (see full image after the jump) offering a Speedo-clad gentleman some red test tubes, a concept meant to accompany a summertime article about trendy "shooter" cocktails.
The photo appeared in 1999, when Hendricks was taking odd modeling gigs and making the transition to being an actress.
The 35-year-old redhead still models -- you can spot her in London Fog ads and on Etsy.com -- and now fields cover shoots including Harper's Bazaar, Rolling Stone, LA Times Magazine, and GQ. Hendricks, who is a natural blonde, has rarely been seen without her trademark fire-red tresses.
We, however, like seeing her as a blonde -- her skin tone finally makes sense.
For more StyleList, read here >>>
MORE ABOUT Christina Hendricks
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Christina Hendricks Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Two People Shot Inside Nightclub During T.I., Young Jeezy Party
- Dakota Johnson Mocks Fifty Shades of Grey, Gives Shout Out to Her Parents in Saturday Night Live Opening Monologue
- William Shatner Will Miss Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: "I Feel Really Awful"
- Bruce Willis laments sudden end to action-thriller 'Wake'
- Who may replace Kelly Osbourne on 'Fashion Police?'
- Zelda Williams makes emotional speech at Noble Awards about her dad Robin Williams
- Aww! Pregnant Jessica Biel Gets a Surprise Visit from Husband Justin Timberlake While Filming in New Orleans
- Michelle Rodriguez Apologizes After Asking Minority Actors to "Stop Stealing All the White People's Superheroes"
- Will Forte Reflects on Saturday Night Live, Assures Fans MacGruber 2 Is Still "Absolutely" in the Works