Christina Hendricks' 1999 Playboy Look
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Jan 15th 2011 11:10AM
A photo of Christina Hendricks first published more than a decade ago in Playboy (no, she's not naked) has recently been unearthed and shared with the mag's loyal readers via TheSmokingJacket.
The pics, including an outtake seen on the site, aren't exactly tasteful (what were we expecting?). The curvy 'Mad Men' star, who has inspired girls around the world to embrace their natural, ample frames, is seen in a choppy platinum wig, wearing red lips and nails, and a silver string bikini. In the bizarre clown-themed tableau, she poses as one of a trio of fair maidens (see full image after the jump) offering a Speedo-clad gentleman some red test tubes, a concept meant to accompany a summertime article about trendy "shooter" cocktails.
The photo appeared in 1999, when Hendricks was taking odd modeling gigs and making the transition to being an actress.
The 35-year-old redhead still models -- you can spot her in London Fog ads and on Etsy.com -- and now fields cover shoots including Harper's Bazaar, Rolling Stone, LA Times Magazine, and GQ. Hendricks, who is a natural blonde, has rarely been seen without her trademark fire-red tresses.
We, however, like seeing her as a blonde -- her skin tone finally makes sense.
For more StyleList, read here >>>
MORE ABOUT Christina Hendricks
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Christina Hendricks Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sonequa Martin-Green Is Pregnant, Walking Dead Star Expecting First Child With Husband Kenric Green
- Prince Harry, Cressida Bonas Back On After April Split
- Jenny McCarthy Makes First Post-Wedding Appearance With Donnie Wahlberg, Gushes Over Their Throwback Childhood Pictures
- Jackie Kennedy’s Suicide Secret! Former First Lady Was Tormented By Suicidal Thoughts After JFK's Death, Numbed Herself With Vodka, And Dreamed Of Seeing Him In Heaven, New Book Reveals
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards