Diddy Does Comedy, Pulls Fake Gun on Stage
By Jo Piazza Posted Jan 15th 2011 09:00PM
It was late on Friday or quite early on Saturday, depending how you look at it, when Sean Combs, better known as Diddy took the stage at the Upright Citizens Brigade theater in the Chelsea neighborhood in New York as the first celebrity guest on 'The Chris Gethard Show,' a monthly sketch and improv show.
There's no nice way to say that the host Gethard harassed (stalked) Diddy on Twitter and backstage at 'Saturday Night Live' for 13 months before the rap mogul agreed to do the show. Gethard even created the hash tag on Twitter, #DiddyGethard, to entice/mortify his guest.
"I didn't know how to take it. I didn't know if it was a sexual thing," Diddy said about the campaign. "I was like what the f-- is all this 'Get Hard' stuff?"
Diddy mainly acted as a guest during Friday night's show, but threw out plenty of his own zingers, including inquiring about the availability of Gethard's intern, who the host said was only 19 or 20.
"She's old enough," Diddy said.
At one point during the show, comedian Don Fanelli agreed to a blind taste test of Ciroc vodka. When he guessed wrong he was shocked with a small electrical taser. Gethard offered the taser to Diddy, who refused and expressed a look he rarely shows-fear.
But wasn't as momentarily scared as the crowd was when P. Diddy pulled what we have to assume was a fake firearm out from behind his back.
In what seemed like true Diddy sincerity, he told Gethard, who is abut to embark on an RV comedy tour across the country that he admires his persistence and feels connected to him now.
"I truly believe that god brought me into your life," Diddy said. "Don't you ever forget it. When you told me you were going on the tour, because I do care about you, I made a care package for you."
The package included some wintergreen Tic Tacs ("I'm big on fresh breath," Diddy explained), a stack of money (probably fake? maybe not?), cologne, Ciroc vodka, lip balm, three of the sorriest strippers this side of the Prime Meridian and a fake gun, which Diddy brandished in the air and handed to Gethard, to some shocked awes in the audience.
All-in-all Diddy was pretty funny for about an hour onstage with a group of comedians. While it wasn't stand-up, his performance still required some quick thinking and improvisational skills and it got plenty of laughs.
Of course, anything P. Diddy does in a basement after midnight in front of a crowd of hipsters drinking PBR is going to seem pretty funny.
MORE ABOUT Sean 'Diddy' Combs
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Sean 'Diddy' Combs Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?The Big Bang Theory' recap: Sheldon is under pressure
- Rap mogul Suge Knight behind wheel of truck in deadly hit-and-run, lawyer says
- Teresa Giudice's Life in Prison: Working Out and Dreaming of Spray Tans
- Human Ken Doll 2.0! Man Pays Over $265K to Reinvent Himself with Plastic Surgery
- Bruce Jenner Spotted Pouting in Public, and New Details About His Supposed Docu-Series
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!