Did Golden Globes Censor Ricky Gervais' Joke About Mel Gibson?
Not that 'Conan' fans could be entirely certain whether Gervais was being serious. Enjoying himself on O'Brien's show, was the master of painfully awkward humor having a laugh at the very idea of shocking millions? (Or did he really think a Hitler costume was a good idea?)
According to Gervais, he's been given fairly free rein to write any wisecracks he wants, as he preps for a return gig hosting the Golden Globes this weekend. As always, the Globes will celebrate stars in both movies and TV shows, and the ceremony (during which celebs sit at tables near a free-flowing bar) is famous for its anything-goes vibe. So the emcee certainly has a big, lively crowd of Hollywood VIPs to have fun with...and make fun of!
But this year, we apparently won't be treated to his opening gag about Mel Gibson's anti-Semitism. Have a look as Gervais describes what he had in mind as a kick-off for Sunday's show:
The Golden Globes, hosted by Ricky Gervais, will air live on NBC this Sun., Jan. 16 (8 p.m. ET).
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Mel Gibson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mel Gibson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lady Gaga Will Vamp It Up on American Horror Story: Hotel
- Middle School Teacher Welcomes Back Students With Harry Potter-Themed Classroom
- Dancing With the Stars Season 21 Cast: Everything We Know So Far!
- Lady Antebellum taking a break after current tour
- Christina Milian's newborn nephew dies
- Joe Brown reportedly begins 5-day jail term for contempt of court
- Tom Hardy Is the King of Dubsmash—Here's the Proof!
- Are You Team Matte or Team Glossy? The Best Fall Lip Trends Go Head to Head
- Miley Cyrus Says Nicki Minaj Was ''Not Very Polite'' During Video Music Awards Outburst—Plus, 7 More Things We Learned
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell terri...