Did Golden Globes Censor Ricky Gervais' Joke About Mel Gibson?
Not that 'Conan' fans could be entirely certain whether Gervais was being serious. Enjoying himself on O'Brien's show, was the master of painfully awkward humor having a laugh at the very idea of shocking millions? (Or did he really think a Hitler costume was a good idea?)
According to Gervais, he's been given fairly free rein to write any wisecracks he wants, as he preps for a return gig hosting the Golden Globes this weekend. As always, the Globes will celebrate stars in both movies and TV shows, and the ceremony (during which celebs sit at tables near a free-flowing bar) is famous for its anything-goes vibe. So the emcee certainly has a big, lively crowd of Hollywood VIPs to have fun with...and make fun of!
But this year, we apparently won't be treated to his opening gag about Mel Gibson's anti-Semitism. Have a look as Gervais describes what he had in mind as a kick-off for Sunday's show:
The Golden Globes, hosted by Ricky Gervais, will air live on NBC this Sun., Jan. 16 (8 p.m. ET).
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Mel Gibson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mel Gibson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lady Gaga Suffers Nip Slip, Covers Up in Neon Fur: See the Wardrobe Malfunction
- Jessie James Decker Is Pregnant, Expecting Her Second Baby With Husband Eric Decker: See Her Baby Announcement
- Dakota Johnson on SNL in 2015 vs. Melanie Griffith in 1988: Compare Their Hosting Outfits!
- ?Last Man On Earth' has strong premiere
- Pregnant model graces the Dolce & Gabbana runway
- Cameron Diaz's age-defying secret: Sex
- Lucy Lawless Goes Dark in Salem's Creepy New Season 2 Trailer—Watch Now!
- Jamie Dornan's First Post-Fifty Shades of Grey Movie Role Revealed!
- Which Gotham Villain Is Teaming Up with the Dollmaker?
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell terri...