Did Golden Globes Censor Ricky Gervais' Joke About Mel Gibson?
Not that 'Conan' fans could be entirely certain whether Gervais was being serious. Enjoying himself on O'Brien's show, was the master of painfully awkward humor having a laugh at the very idea of shocking millions? (Or did he really think a Hitler costume was a good idea?)
According to Gervais, he's been given fairly free rein to write any wisecracks he wants, as he preps for a return gig hosting the Golden Globes this weekend. As always, the Globes will celebrate stars in both movies and TV shows, and the ceremony (during which celebs sit at tables near a free-flowing bar) is famous for its anything-goes vibe. So the emcee certainly has a big, lively crowd of Hollywood VIPs to have fun with...and make fun of!
But this year, we apparently won't be treated to his opening gag about Mel Gibson's anti-Semitism. Have a look as Gervais describes what he had in mind as a kick-off for Sunday's show:
The Golden Globes, hosted by Ricky Gervais, will air live on NBC this Sun., Jan. 16 (8 p.m. ET).
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Mel Gibson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mel Gibson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ron Livingston and Rosemarie DeWitt Welcome Daughter Gracie James!
- JoAnna Garcia and Nick Swisher Name Daughter Emerson Jay!
- Kristen Stewart Hung Out at Taylor Swift's Home With Mutual Friends
- Age-Free Stars
- See Cleveland Kidnapper Ariel Castro’s Jailhouse Log! Plus, Fresh Criticism for Amanda Berry 911 Dispatcher
- Obamas Top List of Powerful Couples
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Cannes street style
- Documentary exploring history of Second Amendment features Ted Nugent, Ice-T
- Sophia Bush's See-Through Catsuit: Gotta Have It or Make It Stop?
- Katherine Webb Denies 1,120-Calorie Diet: "I Love Chocolate Too Much!"
- Alice Eve Tells Jimmy Kimmel: NASA Knows Aliens Exist!
Ever since his hosting stint at last year's sort-of ...
It's almost 2012, which -- depending on your level of ...