Did Golden Globes Censor Ricky Gervais' Joke About Mel Gibson?
Not that 'Conan' fans could be entirely certain whether Gervais was being serious. Enjoying himself on O'Brien's show, was the master of painfully awkward humor having a laugh at the very idea of shocking millions? (Or did he really think a Hitler costume was a good idea?)
According to Gervais, he's been given fairly free rein to write any wisecracks he wants, as he preps for a return gig hosting the Golden Globes this weekend. As always, the Globes will celebrate stars in both movies and TV shows, and the ceremony (during which celebs sit at tables near a free-flowing bar) is famous for its anything-goes vibe. So the emcee certainly has a big, lively crowd of Hollywood VIPs to have fun with...and make fun of!
But this year, we apparently won't be treated to his opening gag about Mel Gibson's anti-Semitism. Have a look as Gervais describes what he had in mind as a kick-off for Sunday's show:
The Golden Globes, hosted by Ricky Gervais, will air live on NBC this Sun., Jan. 16 (8 p.m. ET).
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Mel Gibson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mel Gibson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jill Duggar Shows Off 40 Weeks Pregnant Photo Ahead of Engagement Anniversary
- Zooey Deschanel Is So Over Her Pregnancy Diet: "It's a Total Joke!"
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Is Pretty in a Pink Coat at Last Appearance Before Baby: See the Photos!
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- Vin Diesel: 'Furious 7' deserves an Oscar but the Academy doesn't like action flicks
- Kelly Rowland reveals how she lost 70 lbs of baby weight
- Miley Cyrus Makes a Necklace Using Her Tooth and Poses Topless on Instagram—See the Pic!
- James Corden Recalls Taking a Bath With David Beckham—Watch Now!
- Pregnant Jill Duggar Still Hasn't Given Birth, Shows Biggest Baby Bump 2 Days Past Due Date—See the Photo!
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell terri...