Did Golden Globes Censor Ricky Gervais' Joke About Mel Gibson?
Not that 'Conan' fans could be entirely certain whether Gervais was being serious. Enjoying himself on O'Brien's show, was the master of painfully awkward humor having a laugh at the very idea of shocking millions? (Or did he really think a Hitler costume was a good idea?)
According to Gervais, he's been given fairly free rein to write any wisecracks he wants, as he preps for a return gig hosting the Golden Globes this weekend. As always, the Globes will celebrate stars in both movies and TV shows, and the ceremony (during which celebs sit at tables near a free-flowing bar) is famous for its anything-goes vibe. So the emcee certainly has a big, lively crowd of Hollywood VIPs to have fun with...and make fun of!
But this year, we apparently won't be treated to his opening gag about Mel Gibson's anti-Semitism. Have a look as Gervais describes what he had in mind as a kick-off for Sunday's show:
The Golden Globes, hosted by Ricky Gervais, will air live on NBC this Sun., Jan. 16 (8 p.m. ET).
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Mel Gibson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mel Gibson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Britney Spears: Chaotic Was "The Worst Thing I've Done in My Career," But "I Like Crossroads!"
- President Obama Meets Mariah Carey's Daughter Monroe: See the Cute Picture!
- Ben Affleck Fell in Love With Jennifer Garner on Daredevil Set, Calls His Wife the "Most Important Person to Me"
- OUTRAGE! Tila Tequila Hit With Backlash After Claiming Paul Walker’s Death Was ‘Ritualistic’ Murder
- Battered Barron Hilton Returns To Los Angeles To Meet With Plastic Surgeons
- Garth Brooks spills the beans, announces upcoming world tour
- Sarah Palin's 'Amazing America' to air on Sportsman Channel next year
- Disney Diva! Selena Gomez drops F-bomb and storms off stage at Jingle Ball
- Justin Bieber Says He's Bullied Everyday, Releases New Single "Confident"
- Michelle Obama Looks Sensational at Kennedy Center Honors—See the Pic!
- LeAnn Rimes' Favorite Gifts to Give
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell ...