Healthy-Looking Michael Douglas Hits Golden Globes Red Carpet
"To be able to come to this thing cancer-free is pretty special," he told Seacrest. "This is one of those nights that you really smell the roses and have a deeper appreciation of family and friends."
Douglas is a nominee this year for best supporting actor for his turn in 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps,' director Oliver Stone's follow-up to his 1987 classic 'Wall Street' -- for which Douglas won the Best Actor Oscar.
"The odds are, with the tumor gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer, that I've got it beat," Douglas told Matt Lauer on Tuesday's 'Today.' "I feel good, relieved. ... I have to get checked out on a monthly basis now to maintain. I guess there's not a total euphoria. I'll probably take a couple of months of getting checked out. But it's been a wild six-month ride."
The actor will also present the Golden Globe for best picture.
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Health Issues -
- Michael Douglas -
- Catherine Zeta-Jones
MORE ABOUT Michael Douglas
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Michael Douglas Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Documentary filmmaker Albert Maysles dies at 88
- Harrison Ford crash: NTSB investigator says anytime a person survives an airplane crash is 'a good day'
- Kim Kardashian says she has sex with Kanye West '500 times a day'
- 'Lying Game's' Alexandra Chando to Co-Star in CW's 'Dead People'
- 'Dredd' Producer Explains What It Will Take to Get a Sequel (Video)
- Jeremy Renner Joins Amy Adams in Sci-Fi 'Story of Your Life' (Exclusive)
- Bachelors and Bachelorettes: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- First Look: 'Supergirl' Takes Off (PHOTOS)
- Jada Pinkett Smith Says She Won't Be Back For 'Gotham's Second Season
- First Look! Supergirl in Costume
- Hayden Panettiere and Baby Kaya Have 'Coolest Feet on the Block'
- Is Nick Gordon in Rehab After Dr. Phil Taping?
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell terri...