Miss America Triumphs Over Runner-Up's Yodeling Ventriloquist Act
By Christine Fenno Posted Jan 16th 2011 11:39AM
On Saturday's live broadcast from Las Vegas, emcee Chris Harrison was the perfect man for the job, sailing through the competition of 53 nervous ladies, all exuding maximum charm in minimal clothing.
Historically, the swimsuit parade is the contest's hallmark, but we'd be remiss if we didn't single out the evening's talent portion as particularly entertaining.
(Come to think of it, wouldn't Harrison's 'Bachelor' franchise knock one out of the park if bachelorettes busted out their toe shoes and Irish clogging for a talent showdown each season?)
While Miss Nebraska, 17-year-old Teresa Scanlan, ultimately won the big prize -- a $50,000 scholarship, plus the headgear and sash that sparkle for a year before they turn back into pumpkins -- it sure seems like first runner-up Alyse Eady might have been robbed. Anyone who saw her entry in the talent division saw something special. Here, enjoy Miss Arkansas' yodeling-with-dummies solo (trio?) for yourself:
The evening also included a poignant performance from vocalist Kathryn Bulkley (Miss Arizona) who dedicated her solo to her home state's recently wounded congresswoman, Gabrielle Giffords. Judges for the 2011 pageant included Joy Behar, Tony Dovolani and Marilu Henner.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shay Mitchell Splits From Boyfriend Ryan Silverstein After a Year of Dating
- Miranda Kerr Goes Without Underwear, Flashes Lots of Leg in Black Perforated Leather Look in Paris: See the Pictures
- Taken 3 Trailer Released: Liam Neeson Framed for Murder, Beats Up Bad Guys
- ?Absolutely Green' Khloe Kardashian Admittedly Needed Work On The X Factor, Former Co-Host Mario Lopez Says
- ?Bachelorette' Baby! Ashley Hebert & Husband J.P. Rosenbaum Welcome Son Fordham Rhys
- ?In Denial': Amanda Bynes' Parents Don't Believe She Needs Meds, Conservatorship, Claims Source
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young left band due to dementia
- Alicia Keys Reveals Her Due Date—Find Out When the Singer Will Give Birth to Her Second Child!
- Rita Ora: String Bean, Asparagus or Cold-Pressed Green Juice? See the Crazy Green Look!
- Diem Brown Speaks About Latest Cancer Battle: ''I'm Really Looking Forward to Having One Painless, Fun Day''