Nude Dresses Rule the Red Carpet at the Golden Globes
Some of the ladies opting for the less-color-is-more philosophy included Best Actress nominee Nicole Kidman, who walked the red carpet in a long nude asymmetrical column dress by Prada.
Best Original Song nominee Carrie Underwood also chose the non-hue for her first Golden Globes, wearing a stunning strapless Badgley Mischka dress covered in sequins. "Lots of bling-bling," was how she described her dress to Ryan Seacrest.
Scarlett Johansson made her first big red-carpet appearance after filing for divorce from Ryan Reynolds. She was in a flowing buff-colored Elie Saab dress that had a deep-V neckline and embellished chiffon butterfly sleeves that floated to her elbows. The buxom actress paired the vintage-feeling gown that blended perfectly with her skin color with a less than flattering bird's nest beehive that seemed to be inspired by 'Young Frankenstein.'
And of course, where there is talk of Johansson, discussion of Sandra Bullock soon follows. The 46-year-old actress, who is rumored to be dating Reynolds, also wore a nude dress. This one, by Jenny Packham paired with Jimmy Choo heels, was heavily draped, asymmetrical, with a slight pink hue and embellished with intricate silver beading.
Another Best Actress nominee, Michelle Williams, also went for the nude in a putty-colored Valentino dress with chunky textured straps and images of hippie-dippy flowers plastered all over, paired with Christian Louboutin heels and Fred Leighton baubles.
Leighton Meester didn't follow the prevailing strapless or asymmetrical trend but surprised everyone with a beautiful long-sleeved nude gown by Burberry with a high neckline printed with a pale pattern.
Of course, Meester couldn't keep all of her luscious skin to herself. She sexed up the dress with a high front slit that showed off her glittering (and towering) silver Jimmy Choo heels.
Get more at StyleList.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Greg Louganis Engaged to Johnny Chaillot
- Charles Saatchi Accepts Caution for Assault After Nigella Lawson Choking Photos
- Charles Saatchi Defends Nigella Lawson Choking Photos, Dr. Oz Gives Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Baby Advice: Top 5 Stories
- Britney Spears Debuts New Single From ‘Smurfs 2′ Soundtrack ? Listen Here!
- Bus Driver Arrested For Beating Up Passenger With Insufficient Fare, See The Shocking Video!
- Envelope snafu at Daytime Emmy Awards as 'Days' takes home top prize
- Amanda Bynes lunges at man who tries to take a photo: Who's the hottest mess in Hollywood?
- Report: Charlie Sheen tried to fire 'Anger Management' co-star Selma Blair
- Shirtless Harry Styles Makes a Splash at the Pool While Playing Chicken With Niall Horan
- Kristen Stewart Hits Memphis, Plays Pool and Poses for Pics Atop the Bar at Coyote Ugly Saloon
- Barbra Streisand: Orthodox Jews' Treatment of Women in Israel Is "Distressing"
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell ...