Nude Dresses Rule the Red Carpet at the Golden Globes
Some of the ladies opting for the less-color-is-more philosophy included Best Actress nominee Nicole Kidman, who walked the red carpet in a long nude asymmetrical column dress by Prada.
Best Original Song nominee Carrie Underwood also chose the non-hue for her first Golden Globes, wearing a stunning strapless Badgley Mischka dress covered in sequins. "Lots of bling-bling," was how she described her dress to Ryan Seacrest.
Scarlett Johansson made her first big red-carpet appearance after filing for divorce from Ryan Reynolds. She was in a flowing buff-colored Elie Saab dress that had a deep-V neckline and embellished chiffon butterfly sleeves that floated to her elbows. The buxom actress paired the vintage-feeling gown that blended perfectly with her skin color with a less than flattering bird's nest beehive that seemed to be inspired by 'Young Frankenstein.'
And of course, where there is talk of Johansson, discussion of Sandra Bullock soon follows. The 46-year-old actress, who is rumored to be dating Reynolds, also wore a nude dress. This one, by Jenny Packham paired with Jimmy Choo heels, was heavily draped, asymmetrical, with a slight pink hue and embellished with intricate silver beading.
Another Best Actress nominee, Michelle Williams, also went for the nude in a putty-colored Valentino dress with chunky textured straps and images of hippie-dippy flowers plastered all over, paired with Christian Louboutin heels and Fred Leighton baubles.
Leighton Meester didn't follow the prevailing strapless or asymmetrical trend but surprised everyone with a beautiful long-sleeved nude gown by Burberry with a high neckline printed with a pale pattern.
Of course, Meester couldn't keep all of her luscious skin to herself. She sexed up the dress with a high front slit that showed off her glittering (and towering) silver Jimmy Choo heels.
Get more at StyleList.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Takes Ashton Kutcher to Her Brother's Wedding: See a Picture of Her Bridesmaid Dress!
- Siva Kaneswaran Engaged to Nareesha McCaffrey: Wanted Singer Shares Proposal Story
- Jennifer Aniston Had Her "Awkward Phase" During Her 30s, Brad Pitt Marriage
- Kenya Moore Reveals Heartbreaking Relationship With Her Mother: She Doesn’t Love Me & Pretends I’m Invisible
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- Eva Longoria and New Boyfriend Jose Antonio Baston "So In Love" at Art Basel Party: Get the Scoop!
- E!'s Official Guide to Christmas: How to Not Suck at White Elephant Parties
- Madonna's Daughter Lourdes Stars in Grease: See the High School Student as Rizzo
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell ...