Robert DeNiro Kills With Acceptance Speech at the Golden Globes [Video]
In a sharp, satirical speech, DeNiro made jabs at the Hollywood Foreign Press Assocation, Homeland Security, 3-D and even his own recent movie. "I was very, very moved and gratified when you made the announcement [of this award] two months ago," he said. "Well before you had a chance to review 'Little Fockers.'" Watch the video after the jump.
"These movies ... are like my children. Except that my children are more expensive and you can't remake them in 3-D to push up the grosses," DeNiro said. "At a certain point you just have to let both of them go and hope for the best. It's up to the audiences to decide if it's entertainment, the critics to decide if it's goods, and ultimately posterity to decide if it's art."
After 40 years in the film business, DeNiro has made more films that have achieved the status of art than many actors have made films at all. He's proven himself capable as a brilliant and versatile actor, and now be can add stand-up comic to his repertoire.
Get more at TV Squad.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Marlon Wayans: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Gwen Stefani Joins The Voice as a Judge! Singer Will Replace Pregnant Christina Aguilera
- Kate Mara Wore Nipple Pasties With Kevin Spacey's Face on Them for Sex Scene Prank
- I Can Make You REALLY Rich! Justin Theroux Helping Jennifer Aniston ?Double' Her Wealth & Turn Her Into A ?Shrewder Businesswoman'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- Kiss lead singer opens up about connection to 'Phantom of the Opera'
- 'Hawaii Five-O' star marries in where else? Hawaii!
- James Franco Turns 36! Check Out His #Selfies
- Kate Hudson Turns 35! Look Back at the Birthday Girl's Hot Bikini Body Through the Years
- Kim Kardashian Looks Pretty in Pink While Grabbing Lunch With Her Grandmother!
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell...