Robert DeNiro Kills With Acceptance Speech at the Golden Globes [Video]
In a sharp, satirical speech, DeNiro made jabs at the Hollywood Foreign Press Assocation, Homeland Security, 3-D and even his own recent movie. "I was very, very moved and gratified when you made the announcement [of this award] two months ago," he said. "Well before you had a chance to review 'Little Fockers.'" Watch the video after the jump.
"These movies ... are like my children. Except that my children are more expensive and you can't remake them in 3-D to push up the grosses," DeNiro said. "At a certain point you just have to let both of them go and hope for the best. It's up to the audiences to decide if it's entertainment, the critics to decide if it's goods, and ultimately posterity to decide if it's art."
After 40 years in the film business, DeNiro has made more films that have achieved the status of art than many actors have made films at all. He's proven himself capable as a brilliant and versatile actor, and now be can add stand-up comic to his repertoire.
Get more at TV Squad.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?The Big Bang Theory' recap: Sheldon is under pressure
- Rap mogul Suge Knight behind wheel of truck in deadly hit-and-run, lawyer says
- Parenthood, Your Series Finale Was Absolute Perfection Except for...
- Check Out Padma Lakshmi's Bikini Bottoms: Her Friend Thinks It Looks Like She Has a Penis!
- Scandal Just Delivered One of The Most Heartbreaking & Heart-Racing Episodes of TV We've Ever Seen
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell terri...