Robert DeNiro Kills With Acceptance Speech at the Golden Globes [Video]
In a sharp, satirical speech, DeNiro made jabs at the Hollywood Foreign Press Assocation, Homeland Security, 3-D and even his own recent movie. "I was very, very moved and gratified when you made the announcement [of this award] two months ago," he said. "Well before you had a chance to review 'Little Fockers.'" Watch the video after the jump.
"These movies ... are like my children. Except that my children are more expensive and you can't remake them in 3-D to push up the grosses," DeNiro said. "At a certain point you just have to let both of them go and hope for the best. It's up to the audiences to decide if it's entertainment, the critics to decide if it's goods, and ultimately posterity to decide if it's art."
After 40 years in the film business, DeNiro has made more films that have achieved the status of art than many actors have made films at all. He's proven himself capable as a brilliant and versatile actor, and now be can add stand-up comic to his repertoire.
Get more at TV Squad.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Team America: World Police Showing in Place of The Interview at Texas Movie Theater: Details
- Kris Jenner, Bruce Jenner Finalize Divorce Less Than Three Months After Filing: Report
- Sony Hack: Angelina Jolie, Leonardo DiCaprio, Obama, and More of the Biggest Leaks, Timeline of Events
- 'Haunting Of's' Kim Russo claims to bridge gap between worlds
- Stephen Belafonte denies reports he abused wife Mel B
- Larry King grills Willie Robertson on his views on homosexuality
- Elizabeth Olsen Gets Major Haircut Because The Year of the Bob Ain't Over Yet—Check It Out!
- Did Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Kidnap Chris Martin and Hold Him Hostage? He Says They Did!
- Nicki Minaj Goes High Fashion in New Roberto Cavalli Campaign—See the Pics!
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell terri...