Robert DeNiro Kills With Acceptance Speech at the Golden Globes [Video]
In a sharp, satirical speech, DeNiro made jabs at the Hollywood Foreign Press Assocation, Homeland Security, 3-D and even his own recent movie. "I was very, very moved and gratified when you made the announcement [of this award] two months ago," he said. "Well before you had a chance to review 'Little Fockers.'" Watch the video after the jump.
"These movies ... are like my children. Except that my children are more expensive and you can't remake them in 3-D to push up the grosses," DeNiro said. "At a certain point you just have to let both of them go and hope for the best. It's up to the audiences to decide if it's entertainment, the critics to decide if it's goods, and ultimately posterity to decide if it's art."
After 40 years in the film business, DeNiro has made more films that have achieved the status of art than many actors have made films at all. He's proven himself capable as a brilliant and versatile actor, and now be can add stand-up comic to his repertoire.
Get more at TV Squad.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers Talks Mother Joan Rivers' Death: "It Was 100 Percent Preventable"
- Carly Fiorina, Ben Carson Join 2016 Presidential Race
- Dannielynn Birkhead, 8, Looks All Grown Up at Kentucky Derby With Dad Larry: Cute Photos of Anna Nicole Smith's Daughter
- Princess Charlotte's Birth Went "Extremely Well" for Kate Middleton: All the Details!
- First Look! See Amanda Seyfried's Stunning 2015 Met Gala Jewels Before the Star Hits the Red Carpet—Watch Now
- Royal Baby No. 2's Name Revealed! Find Out What Kate Middleton and Prince William Named Their Princess
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell terri...