Robert DeNiro Kills With Acceptance Speech at the Golden Globes [Video]
In a sharp, satirical speech, DeNiro made jabs at the Hollywood Foreign Press Assocation, Homeland Security, 3-D and even his own recent movie. "I was very, very moved and gratified when you made the announcement [of this award] two months ago," he said. "Well before you had a chance to review 'Little Fockers.'" Watch the video after the jump.
"These movies ... are like my children. Except that my children are more expensive and you can't remake them in 3-D to push up the grosses," DeNiro said. "At a certain point you just have to let both of them go and hope for the best. It's up to the audiences to decide if it's entertainment, the critics to decide if it's goods, and ultimately posterity to decide if it's art."
After 40 years in the film business, DeNiro has made more films that have achieved the status of art than many actors have made films at all. He's proven himself capable as a brilliant and versatile actor, and now be can add stand-up comic to his repertoire.
Get more at TV Squad.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Soules, Whitney Bischoff Were "Cuddling on the Couch" Three Days Before Split
- Bob Saget Reprising Role as Danny Tanner on Fuller House
- George Clooney Doesn't Think Men Should Get Plastic Surgery: "It Makes You Look Older"
- Harrison Ford flying again after scary crash
- Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby was on 'Judge Judy'
- 'Pawn Stars' help Marco Rubio celebrate birthday
- Erin Andrews and Brittany Snow to Co-Host the 2015 CMT Music Awards!
- Rachel McAdams Was a Little ''Scared'' of Jake Gyllenhaal's Insanely Ripped Southpaw Body: ''He's a Beast!''
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Goes Up for Sale
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The ...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell terri...