Relax, Sandra Bullock's Bang'n Look Is Temporary
There were literal gasps when Sandra Bullock stepped out of her limo and onto the red carpet at last night's Golden Globes. If you were like me, you thought, "What has she done to her hair?!?"
Sandra's new bangs and darker color didn't go over much better with folks watching at home, who flooded Twitter and Facebook with WTF's and OMG's galore. So-called fashion experts placed her in their various "fashion disasters" columns.
Relax, America. Sources tell me Bullock's new look is only temporary while she films 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' with Tom Hanks. The movie is an Eric Roth-scripted adaptation of Jonathan Safran Foer's best-selling 9/11-related novel.
"It's not Sandra's favorite red carpet look ever, but she thought she looked cute," a friend of the fun-loving actress tells me. "As soon as she finishes filming, she will go back to her normal color and cut for sure. Although at the moment she is more interested in making a great film and looking after her son than what people have to say about her hair."
Meanwhile, Sandra's choice in dresses has also raised a few eyebrows, seeing as it was noticeably similar to the one being worn by Scarlett Johansson, the ex of her good friend Ryan Reynolds. After the show she shot down widespread rumors of a romance with Ryan, but her choice in dresses has only fueled more speculation of a rivalry.
"Something is very odd about this," a top stylist tells me of the pair's similar dresses. "These dresses were close in color and style. This doesn't happen to stars as big as Scarlett and Sandra. Both of their stylists would have been aware that the other dress existed and who was looking at it. One of them at least was trying to make a statement."
One person who always gets her look right is 'The Insider' host Lara Spencer. Wearing an Angel Sanchez gown (who incidentially also designed Sandra's and Eva Longoria's wedding gowns) with Jimmy Choo shoes and a black diamond ring, Lara wins my best dressed of the night.
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Celebrity Style -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Sandra Bullock
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Sandra Bullock Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vogue sued for Kim Kardashian/Kanye West photo shoot video
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- Gwen Stefani in Talks to Join NBC's 'The Voice'
- Tribeca: Inside the Festival's Incredibly Busy Offices (Video)
- NBC Sports Launches Kentucky Derby 'Save the Date' Campaign (Video)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- ?Salem' star Shane West knows nothing about ?Harry Potter' ? VIDEO
- ?Scandal' star Scott Foley's Reddit AMA: 9 things we learned
- Steven Spielberg's Next Movie May Be Religious Drama 'The Kidnapping of Eduardo Mortara'
- New Photos Reveal Michael Fassbender as 'Macbeth' (PHOTOS)
- Denis O'Hare Reveals Who His 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Character
- Debbie Gibson Blames Extreme Weight Loss on Terrifying Battle with Disease
- Lara Spencer Named New ?GMA' Co-Host
- Extra Scoop: 5 Biggest Reveals from the ?Scandal' Season 3 Finale and More!
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Uggie the Dog? The...
Good news, Uggie fans! The scene-stealing Jack Russell...