Dr. Drew Hospitalized for Bacterial Infection
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 18th 2011 04:30PM
Pinsky, who left on Jan. 8 for a second honeymoon with wife Susan at a "secret destination," came down with a case of Leptospirosis while away, according to his Twitter.
Following the honeymoon, which also celebrated the couple's 20th wedding anniversary, he tweeted, "Spent the night as a patient in the hospital. Seems I may have picked up Leptospirosis in the West Indies.This is just brutal."
Leptospirosis, which is generally caused through contact with water contaminated by animal urine, can cause a high fever, vomiting and other flu-like symptoms, according to the CDC. Despite the unpleasant nature of the illness, it can be easily treated with a course of antibiotics.
A clean bill of health couldn't come sooner for Pinsky, who is scheduled to begin hosting duties on his new HLN show this spring.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny McCarthy: I've Already Lost My Wedding Ring, Haven't Seen The View
- George the Goldfish Swims After $200 Surgery to Remove Life-Threatening Tumor
- Nick Jonas No Longer Wears Purity Ring, Had "Intense" Religious Journey
- Changing Her Tune! Kylie Jenner Ditching Modeling To Become A Pop Star ? She Thinks She's ?The Next Katy Perry,' Says Friend
- Melissa Rivers ?Absolutely' Will File Lawsuits Against Yorkville Endoscopy, Source Says ? Joan Rivers ?Didn't Have To Die'
- Golden Years: David Bowie A Sexual Wild-man In Earlier Days, According To New Book
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album