Dr. Drew Hospitalized for Bacterial Infection
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 18th 2011 04:30PM
Pinsky, who left on Jan. 8 for a second honeymoon with wife Susan at a "secret destination," came down with a case of Leptospirosis while away, according to his Twitter.
Following the honeymoon, which also celebrated the couple's 20th wedding anniversary, he tweeted, "Spent the night as a patient in the hospital. Seems I may have picked up Leptospirosis in the West Indies.This is just brutal."
Leptospirosis, which is generally caused through contact with water contaminated by animal urine, can cause a high fever, vomiting and other flu-like symptoms, according to the CDC. Despite the unpleasant nature of the illness, it can be easily treated with a course of antibiotics.
A clean bill of health couldn't come sooner for Pinsky, who is scheduled to begin hosting duties on his new HLN show this spring.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ariana Grande Heartbroken Over Grandpa's Death, Sobs as Brother Frankie Grande Gets the News in Big Brother House
- Naya Rivera Secretly Married Ryan Dorsey on Her Original Wedding Date to Big Sean; Kim Kardashian Shares Sexy Bikini Picture: Top 5 Wednesday Stories
- Ian Somerhalder Tweets Girlfriend Nikki Reed While Ex Nina Dobrev Posts Cryptic Quotes on Instagram
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC
- Lucy Hale Stops by So You Think You Can Dance, 2 More House Guests Hit the Block on Big Brother & More OMG TV Moments
- Is Justin Bieber Dropping a New Album?! Singer Teases 11 New Songs on Instagram—Listen Now!
- Ariana Grande's Brother, Frankie Grande, Finds Out About Grandpa's Passing in Big Brother House