Dr. Drew Hospitalized for Bacterial Infection
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 18th 2011 04:30PM
Pinsky, who left on Jan. 8 for a second honeymoon with wife Susan at a "secret destination," came down with a case of Leptospirosis while away, according to his Twitter.
Following the honeymoon, which also celebrated the couple's 20th wedding anniversary, he tweeted, "Spent the night as a patient in the hospital. Seems I may have picked up Leptospirosis in the West Indies.This is just brutal."
Leptospirosis, which is generally caused through contact with water contaminated by animal urine, can cause a high fever, vomiting and other flu-like symptoms, according to the CDC. Despite the unpleasant nature of the illness, it can be easily treated with a course of antibiotics.
A clean bill of health couldn't come sooner for Pinsky, who is scheduled to begin hosting duties on his new HLN show this spring.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katie Holmes: Suri's Christmas List Makes Me "Panic," I'll Hear About It for "Years and Years" If Santa Messes Up
- Selena Gomez, Lorde End Their Feud to Support Taylor Swift at 2014 AMAs: Pictures!
- Lucy Hale Debuts an Even Shorter Lob Haircut at the 2014 AMAs: See Her Sweet Hairstyle Here!
- Twerk it! 16 Photos Of Miley Cyrus' Raunchy 22nd Birthday Bash
- Thousands Sign Petition For TLC To Cancel ?19 Kids And Counting'
- Ricky Skaggs supportive of gay country singers coming out
- Ex-model says Cosby hid behind image of Cliff Huxtable
- 'Today' show looking to bounce back after tough week