Dr. Drew Hospitalized for Bacterial Infection
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 18th 2011 04:30PM
Pinsky, who left on Jan. 8 for a second honeymoon with wife Susan at a "secret destination," came down with a case of Leptospirosis while away, according to his Twitter.
Following the honeymoon, which also celebrated the couple's 20th wedding anniversary, he tweeted, "Spent the night as a patient in the hospital. Seems I may have picked up Leptospirosis in the West Indies.This is just brutal."
Leptospirosis, which is generally caused through contact with water contaminated by animal urine, can cause a high fever, vomiting and other flu-like symptoms, according to the CDC. Despite the unpleasant nature of the illness, it can be easily treated with a course of antibiotics.
A clean bill of health couldn't come sooner for Pinsky, who is scheduled to begin hosting duties on his new HLN show this spring.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden Is Pregnant Again, Expecting Second Child
- Jessie James Decker Welcomes Second Child, a Baby Boy, With Husband Eric Decker
- Caitlyn Jenner Confesses She Used to Be Against Gay Marriage, Had "Traditionalist" Views
- Ex-Miss Nevada Katherine Reese busted again for meth possession, report says
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy: Community overreacting to escaped King Cobra
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Miley Cyrus' Nipple Aside: How the 2015 VMAs Exposed Everyone Involved and How Things Really Are in the Pop Star World
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Do Face Masks and Get Ready for Bed Together—Watch Their Snapchat Videos!
- Whoa! Selena Gomez Poses in Her Lingerie on Instagram—See the Racy Pic!