Dr. Drew Hospitalized for Bacterial Infection
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 18th 2011 04:30PM
Pinsky, who left on Jan. 8 for a second honeymoon with wife Susan at a "secret destination," came down with a case of Leptospirosis while away, according to his Twitter.
Following the honeymoon, which also celebrated the couple's 20th wedding anniversary, he tweeted, "Spent the night as a patient in the hospital. Seems I may have picked up Leptospirosis in the West Indies.This is just brutal."
Leptospirosis, which is generally caused through contact with water contaminated by animal urine, can cause a high fever, vomiting and other flu-like symptoms, according to the CDC. Despite the unpleasant nature of the illness, it can be easily treated with a course of antibiotics.
A clean bill of health couldn't come sooner for Pinsky, who is scheduled to begin hosting duties on his new HLN show this spring.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lopez: I've "Made Mistakes" With Men, My Kids Stay in the Bronx With Family So They "Get It"
- Britney Spears Confirms "My Boyfriend Cheated on Me," Addresses Rumor During Las Vegas Concert
- Joan Rivers Remains "On Life Support," Daughter Melissa Rivers Says in New Statement
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Charlize Theron: My body's not perfect
- Kate Upton, Kirsten Dunst and other stars comment about nude photo leak
- Joan Rivers 'on the road to recovery,' E! colleague says
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support, Says Daughter Melissa: "We Are Extremely Grateful for All the Love"
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Kiss for First Time as a Married Couple—See the Wedding Photo!
- The 7 Things You Absolutely Cannot Do After a Breakup—Like Seriously, Don't Do These!