Dr. Drew Hospitalized for Bacterial Infection
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 18th 2011 04:30PM
Pinsky, who left on Jan. 8 for a second honeymoon with wife Susan at a "secret destination," came down with a case of Leptospirosis while away, according to his Twitter.
Following the honeymoon, which also celebrated the couple's 20th wedding anniversary, he tweeted, "Spent the night as a patient in the hospital. Seems I may have picked up Leptospirosis in the West Indies.This is just brutal."
Leptospirosis, which is generally caused through contact with water contaminated by animal urine, can cause a high fever, vomiting and other flu-like symptoms, according to the CDC. Despite the unpleasant nature of the illness, it can be easily treated with a course of antibiotics.
A clean bill of health couldn't come sooner for Pinsky, who is scheduled to begin hosting duties on his new HLN show this spring.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny McCarthy Engaged; Tori Spelling Talks Dean McDermott Affair: Top Stories
- Andre Johnson, Rapper, Severs Penis, Jumps Off Building, Survives
- Will Arnett Files for Divorce From Amy Poehler 19 Months After Split
- Monster Mom Tamra Barney ‘Needs To Take Responsibility’ For Text Message Tirade, Top Psychologist Says: ‘You’re The Mature Adult, Walk Away!'
- AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young taking break from group due to illness
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps from balcony in apparent suicide attempt, report says
- FOX News announces new daytime show 'Outnumbered'
- Miley Cyrus Will "Remain Hospitalized" for Severe Allergic Reaction to Medication—Exclusive Update!
- Arrow Introduces a Classic DC Villain, American Idol's New Frontrunner Emerges and More OMG TV Moments
- Sofía Vergara Was "Nervous" Filming Threesome in Fading Gigolo, Got Pointers From Co-Star Sharon Stone