Motley Crue Singer Vince Neil Sentenced to Two Weeks in Jail for DUI
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Jan 18th 2011 07:13PM
AP reports say that Neil, 49, will serve two weeks of jail time, plus two weeks of house arrest. The singer agreed to plead guilty to misdemeanor driving under the influence when he appeared before a Las Vegas judge on Tuesday.
His publicist released a statement on his behalf, saying, "I have recognized that you can't drink and drive at all."
Neil's lawyer, David Chesnoff, added that the singer could have faced up to six months in jail and said his client "recognized that he needed to take responsibility for his actions."
The Motley Crue rocker is scheduled to begin serving his sentence Feb. 15. He was arrested June 27 for driving under the influence, only a week after declaring his sobriety.
This isnt the rock-and-roll frontman's first brush with the law. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter and drunken driving in a 1984 crash that killed his passenger, 24-year-old Nicholas Dingley. Neil was 25 at the time and walked away uninjured. He served 20 days in jail and paid $2.5 million in restitution to victims.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amber Rose is unrecognizable in throwback pic
- Tracy Morgan settles suit with Wal-Mart over fatal crash
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans is wanted in Fla.
- Lindsay Lohan Celebrates Completing 125 Hours of Community Service Ahead of Deadline: "Hard Work Pays Off -- Amen!"
- Brandy: What's In My Bag
- Bachelorette Contestant Clint Confesses He's in Love With Fellow Contestant JJ, Reveals They've "Grown Close in the Shower" ? Watch