'Housewives' Hubby Simon van Kempen Gets His Own Spinoff (Web) Show
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 18th 2011 09:48AM
EXCLUSIVE: Simon van Kempen, husband to Alex McCord, has spent the last several years as one of the most polarizing figures on Bravo's 'Real Housewives of New York City.' From quirky fashionista, to doting, Speedo-wearing husband to those nagging rumors about his sexuality, Simon has never been far from the drama.
Now fans who have missed Simon are in for a double dose this season, as not only will he be appearing much more in this fourth season of the show, but Bravo has signed him onto his own spinoff webcast focusing more on his everyday life away from the drama that is 'Housewives.'
"I'm delighted to get a mini spinoff from 'Housewives' and so glad I didn't have to get pregnant or married to do so!" Simon tells me, in a dig to Bethenny Frankel. "Seriously, Alex, the boys and I have a lot of fun living in Brooklyn, and these webisodes give viewers a chance to see all four of us away from the drama of 'Housewives.'"
The impeccably dressed hotel manager tells me that fans will get to see him "shopping, cooking, accidentally injuring myself and attempting to overcome one of life's toughest afflictions."
This, as-yet-untitled, spinoff show will stream on BravoTV.com tied to the airing of the new season of 'The Real Housewives of New York,' which debuts Feb. 15 on Bravo.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Go Girl! Jennifer Lawrence Swings an Ax and Impresses All the Guys in New Serena Clip
- FKA Twigs Takes "Video Girl" to Extreme With Google Glass in New Conceptual Video: Watch Now!
- RIP Oscar de la Renta: Famous Fashion Designer Remembered by Taylor Swift, Ivanka Trump and More Celebs