'Housewives' Hubby Simon van Kempen Gets His Own Spinoff (Web) Show
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 18th 2011 09:48AM
EXCLUSIVE: Simon van Kempen, husband to Alex McCord, has spent the last several years as one of the most polarizing figures on Bravo's 'Real Housewives of New York City.' From quirky fashionista, to doting, Speedo-wearing husband to those nagging rumors about his sexuality, Simon has never been far from the drama.
Now fans who have missed Simon are in for a double dose this season, as not only will he be appearing much more in this fourth season of the show, but Bravo has signed him onto his own spinoff webcast focusing more on his everyday life away from the drama that is 'Housewives.'
"I'm delighted to get a mini spinoff from 'Housewives' and so glad I didn't have to get pregnant or married to do so!" Simon tells me, in a dig to Bethenny Frankel. "Seriously, Alex, the boys and I have a lot of fun living in Brooklyn, and these webisodes give viewers a chance to see all four of us away from the drama of 'Housewives.'"
The impeccably dressed hotel manager tells me that fans will get to see him "shopping, cooking, accidentally injuring myself and attempting to overcome one of life's toughest afflictions."
This, as-yet-untitled, spinoff show will stream on BravoTV.com tied to the airing of the new season of 'The Real Housewives of New York,' which debuts Feb. 15 on Bravo.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Keeping Up With the Kardashians Recap: Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Kicks Scott Disick Out of the House
- Game of Thrones Recap: Jon Snow Is Enraged, Sansa Stark Is Engaged in "High Sparrow"
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion: Phaedra Parks is Still Married to Apollo Nida "For the Children"
- 'Furious 7' box office champ for fourth straight weekend
- 'Good Fellas' actors spill secrets at 25th anniversary screening
- Kim's ex, Kris Humphries says sorry for Bruce Jenner tweet
- Jay Z Is "Determined" to Defend Tidal App, Makes Promise That "We Are Here for the Long Haul"
- The Good Wife's Emotional Punch to the Gut: Kalinda, Alicia and a Letter
- Scott Disick Says There's a "50/50" Chance He'll Be There for Reign Disick's Birth—Get the KUWTK Recap!