'Housewives' Hubby Simon van Kempen Gets His Own Spinoff (Web) Show
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 18th 2011 09:48AM
EXCLUSIVE: Simon van Kempen, husband to Alex McCord, has spent the last several years as one of the most polarizing figures on Bravo's 'Real Housewives of New York City.' From quirky fashionista, to doting, Speedo-wearing husband to those nagging rumors about his sexuality, Simon has never been far from the drama.
Now fans who have missed Simon are in for a double dose this season, as not only will he be appearing much more in this fourth season of the show, but Bravo has signed him onto his own spinoff webcast focusing more on his everyday life away from the drama that is 'Housewives.'
"I'm delighted to get a mini spinoff from 'Housewives' and so glad I didn't have to get pregnant or married to do so!" Simon tells me, in a dig to Bethenny Frankel. "Seriously, Alex, the boys and I have a lot of fun living in Brooklyn, and these webisodes give viewers a chance to see all four of us away from the drama of 'Housewives.'"
The impeccably dressed hotel manager tells me that fans will get to see him "shopping, cooking, accidentally injuring myself and attempting to overcome one of life's toughest afflictions."
This, as-yet-untitled, spinoff show will stream on BravoTV.com tied to the airing of the new season of 'The Real Housewives of New York,' which debuts Feb. 15 on Bravo.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kellie Pickler Wins Dancing With the Stars: My Husband Cried!
- Kristen Stewart's Mom Jules Stewart Confirms She Owns "Wolf-Hybrids" After Neighbor Dispute
- Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry Have Hilarious Friends Reunion on Ellen
- No More Kitchen Nightmare? It’s Business As Usual At Amy’s Baking Company, Re-Opening Draws Hordes Of Onlookers
- 'Arrested Development' fans geeking out over Netflix return
- When Instagram gets you in trouble: Miranda Kerr slammed for being 'disrespectful' to husband Orlando Bloom
- The Talented and Charming Brad Pitt