Guns N' Roses Show No Love to 'Glee'
By Spinner Editors Posted Jan 19th 2011 01:20AM
Guns N' Roses have reportedly turned down the hit TV show's request to feature their songs, according to Entertainment Weekly. In a Sunday interview with the magazine, Slash didn't give details on how the band voted, but made it clear that if it were solely up to him, he'd rather be watching 'Grease.'
"In the current climate of what's going on in entertainment these days, I try to be more optimistic than negative because it's really easy to get negative about it, but I draw the line at 'Glee,'" he said.
"When 'Grease' came out I was like, 'Oh, c'mon, give me a break,'" said Slash, who's currently touring with Ozzy Osbourne. "Actually, I look at 'Grease' now and think (that) between 'High School Musical' and 'Glee,' 'Grease' was a brilliant work of art."
Guns N' Roses are one of just a handful of high-profile musical acts to decline the invitation. Coldplay and Kings of Leon have passed on the show, but given that Glee becomes more of a cultural juggernaut every week, both have been rumored to be reconsidering the offer.
Even, Oscar nominated actress and all-around Hollywood sweetheart Anne Hathaway will make a guest appearance on an upcoming episode of 'Glee,' according to E! News.
Creator Ryan Murphy confirmed the news backstage at the Golden Globes, right after the hit show won a Golden Globe for Best Series. According to Us Weekly, the 'Love and Other Drugs' star is scheduled to play Kurt's lesbian aunt in an upcoming episode.
Get more at Spinner.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Better blonde or brunette?
- Dean Jones, boyish Disney star, dies at 84
- Avril Lavigne announces separation from husband Chad Kroeger
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson's Cause of Death Revealed
- Extra Scoop: Did Josh Duggar Have a Pregnancy Scare with Another Woman?
- Win It! A Patricia Nash Argos Crossbody Handbag
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 45 Million Instagram Followers With, You Guessed It, a Cleavage Shot
- Bryan Cranston: Being Famous "Is Almost Like Being a Pregnant Woman"
- Sandra Bullock's Boyfriend Bryan Randall Is a "Free Spirit," "Amazing With Kids," Ex-Girlfriend's Mom Says