James Franco on Oscars: 'I'm Going With the Flow'
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jan 19th 2011 08:40AM
Now that the Golden Globes have come and gone, it's time to talk Oscars.
The actor, among other things, James Franco will take the stage at the famous Kodak Theatre on Feb. 27 alongside Anne Hathaway to host the Academy Awards.
So what do the pair have in store for Hollywood's big night?
"There will be some singing and some dancing," Franco told PEOPLE. "We haven't started choreographing that yet or rehearsing that, but there will be some of that."
Though nothing has been set in stone, Franco, who will likely get a best actor nomination for his harrowing role in '127 Hours,' isn't worried.
"I'm just kind of going with the flow," he said, getting cues from a past Oscar host. "Billy Crystal said to wear tennis shoes, or something, but I don't think I'm going to follow that advice."
As for his co-host, Franco couldn't have nicer things to say, although he seems to be counting on her to make sure their hosting gig pulls in rave reviews.
"She is the youngest to ever host the Oscars so I guess that's special in itself. She's a great person -- great personality -- so I'm basically depending on her to pull it off," he said. "I don't think I could ask for a better co-host."
So sweet. The 83rd Academy Awards air Feb. 27 at 8PM EST on ABC.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
MORE ABOUT James Franco
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about James Franco Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Jimmy Fallon Unleashes Epic 'Game of Thrones' Parody (Video)
- Cannes: Hollywood Gives Back at Star-Filled AmfAR Gala (Column)
- Jennifer Hudson in Negotiations to Judge 'American Idol'
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space
- Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report