James Franco on Oscars: 'I'm Going With the Flow'
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jan 19th 2011 08:40AM
Now that the Golden Globes have come and gone, it's time to talk Oscars.
The actor, among other things, James Franco will take the stage at the famous Kodak Theatre on Feb. 27 alongside Anne Hathaway to host the Academy Awards.
So what do the pair have in store for Hollywood's big night?
"There will be some singing and some dancing," Franco told PEOPLE. "We haven't started choreographing that yet or rehearsing that, but there will be some of that."
Though nothing has been set in stone, Franco, who will likely get a best actor nomination for his harrowing role in '127 Hours,' isn't worried.
"I'm just kind of going with the flow," he said, getting cues from a past Oscar host. "Billy Crystal said to wear tennis shoes, or something, but I don't think I'm going to follow that advice."
As for his co-host, Franco couldn't have nicer things to say, although he seems to be counting on her to make sure their hosting gig pulls in rave reviews.
"She is the youngest to ever host the Oscars so I guess that's special in itself. She's a great person -- great personality -- so I'm basically depending on her to pull it off," he said. "I don't think I could ask for a better co-host."
So sweet. The 83rd Academy Awards air Feb. 27 at 8PM EST on ABC.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
MORE ABOUT James Franco
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about James Franco Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tori Spelling suing Benihana over burns from falling on grill
- Cindy Crawford doesn't understand why unflattering photo makes other feel good
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Commemorate Nicki Minaj's Viral VMAs Moment With Kitschy Memorabilia
- Style Notes: Giuseppe Zanotti Partners With K-Pop Star; Phillip Lim Enlists Artist for NYFW Show
- What to Read During New York Fashion Week (and Beyond)
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Benicio Del Toro Confirms 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Villain Role
- Dean Jones, Star of '60s Disney Classics, Dies at 84
- Rosario Dawson, Theo Rossi Join Marvel's 'Luke Cage'