Joan Rivers: FOX Can 'Go F**k Themselves' Over Sarah Palin Controversy
Joan Rivers says FOX News can "go f**k themselves" after canceling her Thursday appearance on the network's morning show for what she claims is retaliation for some biting comments she made about FOX contributor Sarah Palin.
Why so riled up, Joan? It all started when the loud-mouthed legend told TMZ over the weekend that critics were "right" to blame Sarah Palin for the tragedy in Tucson, Ariz. Reports surfaced on Wednesday that FOX heard the diss and nixed Joan and daughter Melissa's visit on 'FOX & Friends.'
"We get a call this morning," Melissa told me on the set of my HDNet show. "You're canceled on FOX because of what you said about Sarah Palin."
The top-rated news network denies that Joan's comments had anything to do with the cancellation, rather, the morning was simply overbooked.
But Joan tells me exclusively that she's willing to take a lie detector test to prove FOX canned her over her Palin comments, which also included calling the ex-governor "stupid and a threat" and blasting her use of the term "blood libel" in a video statement on Jan. 12.
The situation begs the question: Did Sarah herself call this one in to her FOX bosses in order to punish Joan? The comic certainly hopes the presidential contender has better things to do than listen to her. "If Sarah is listening to what we say, we're in trouble," Joan says.
Asked whether she'll accept an invitation to come back to 'FOX & Friends,' Joan went hardcore, saying they can "go f**k themselves."
Joan has another reason for being upset, namely that this brouhaha has led her to regret voting for Sarah's daughter Bristol on 'Dancing With the Stars.'
"I actually voted for her terrible daughter over David Hasselhoff," she says. "I should've voted for David; they both sucked as dancers."
Watch my interview with Joan and Melissa on Saturday night at 7PM on 'Naughty But Nice With Rob,' only on HDNet.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessa Duggar, Ben Seewald Pose In Engagement Photo; Kourtney Kardashian Sleeps With Penelope and Mason: Top 5 Stories
- Kourtney Kardashian's New Home Has a Mold Infestation
- Michelle Duggar Records Robocall Against Anti-Discrimination Ordinance
- Shock: ISIS Beheads On Video American Journalist James Foley In A ‘Message To America'
- Alexis Arquette Claims She Had Sex With Jared Leto While Presenting As A Man
- Is The Feud Over? Lizzie Rovsek And Vicki Gunvalson ?Forgive' Tamra Barney ? But Rovsek Doesn't ?Foresee A Friendship'
- NFL reportedly asking music acts to pay for playing Super Bowl halftime show
- Adrianne Palicki reportedly cast as Marvel super spy Bobbi Morse in 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Casey Kasem to be buried in Norway, wife cites heritage
- Johnny Depp and Daughter Lily-Rose Team Up for New Film Yoga Hosers
- Terrence Jenkins, Catt Sadler and Jesse Giddings Get Soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge—Watch Now!
- Vin Diesel Poses Naked in Racy Shower Photo After Completing the Ice Bucket Challenge—Take a Look!