Kimora Lee 'Obsessed' With Son's Peeing Abilities
By Nicki Gostin Posted Jan 19th 2011 10:27PM
Kimora, exactly how does one achieve "fabulousity"?
I think it's an idea that I developed and it's from inside out. It kind of has a cult following. Even Oprah used it in Vogue when she described her night at the Met ball as an evening of "full on fabulousity." For Oprah to be using the word you coined is a big deal. It's a state of being; it's a state of thinking. It embodies self confidence and fearlessness and a lovely smile, and it's really from inside out. I think people are really starting to get that. It's about poise and elegance and a humility that really makes you fabulous.
Are your girls budding fashion designers?
They're definitely mini moguls and fashionistas. They've been with me on every runway. They've done capsule collections. They cut and sew, and they have sewing machines in their rooms.
Is it weird after two girls suddenly having a boy who pees straight up in the air?
Oh my God yes. My husband told me I have to stop talking about his penis, but I'm so obsessed with it because I always wanted a boy. He's always running around saying, "Boobies." He's so rambunctious, and he'll jump over everything. When I'm changing his diaper I'm always calling my husband in and saying, "Look, look at it now." He's like, "Honey put the diaper on, it's normal." And I'm like, "Is it normal that it should be so firm when I'm changing the diaper," and he's like, "Yes, leave the kid alone." It's weird, boys from girls. They don't want to play with dolls. With girls they can sit quietly in a corner and play with dolls or books, and he wants to throw the book or jump off the bed with the doll's head. I realize he has no fear of dying. He wants to jump off everything.
So what can we expect this season?
I think this season is going to be the best one yet because there have been a lot of changes in my life in terms of business and my family and I feel to see that all play out on camera is really nice. It's all about new beginnings and upward and onward. I think a lot of people can relate to that, starting over, so to speak. I feel with the recession and this economy, people understand about new beginnings.
So what is different, business-wise?
I started a company over 10 years ago called Baby Phat and just this year I'm no longer with the company. I've moved on, that's a big step in my life.
Why did you leave?
Time to move on. I have KLS Enterprises which has clothing and fragrances and a skin care line I'm starting. It holds everything else that I'm doing.
Who loves you more? The sistas or the gays?
That's a good one. Oh my, growing up, all my life, I got called a fag hag. The gay kids have been really wonderful to me and big supporters of mine. The sistas change over time, their look, their backgrounds, their ethnicities. I see it on Twitter. They're all over the world, in Dubai, in Sweden, everywhere. I don't know it's kind of close. I think that's what fabulousity is all about too, multi-ethnic; it cuts across genders and sexual preferences. I feel like when I go to places I represent the underdog. I was the underdog coming up in fashion. When I developed all my lines, I did it at a time when women were not having a great voice in doing that and certainly not women of color. I'm blessed to be embraced by both groups.
'Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane' airs Sundays at 9PM ET on the Style Network.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vanessa Lachey Baby Bump: Pregnant Star Steps Out in Beverly Hills
- Taylor Swift Joins The Voice as a Season Seven Advisor
- Lea Michele Celebrates 28th Birthday With Girlfriends, Gourmet Dinner: PHOTOS
- Heartbreaking Health Update: Joan Rivers Reportedly Now On Life Support
- Kendall Jenner Is Seen In New York Having A Great Time
- Joan Rivers' ?Distraught' Daughter Melissa Could Reportedly Face ?Life-Or-Death Decision' In Comedienne's Scary Health Crisis
- Kings of Leon play first show since drummer's injury
- Report: Jon Bon Jovi axed from group bidding for Buffalo Bills
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union Look Madly in Love at Wedding Rehearsal Dinner—See the Pics!
- EJ Johnson Gives Hilarious Breakup Advice to Dorothy Wang & Gets Involved in Her Drama With Roxy—See the #RichKids Clip!
- Happy Birthday, Cameron Diaz! Check Out the Star's Best Roles