Melissa Etheridge's New Relationship Has Ex Tammy Lynn Michaels Furious
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 19th 2011 03:25AM
PEOPLE reported that Etheridge and Wallem were best friends for years, and Wallem even served as "Best Man" at Michaels and Etheridge's wedding in 2003.
The two became an item a few months after Etheridge and Michaels split, stepping out together for the Emmys last August. A friend of the couple is quoted saying that the couple are happy and are in a "committed relationship." The couple even share the same birthday, and both turn 50 in May.
But Michaels took to her blog and wrote a long rambling poem where she tore into the new relationship and accused Etheridge of cheating on her long before the couple separated and eventually divorced in April 2010.
In the poem on her blog Michaels says, "i moved out november 23rd 2009 / she said it would help / i was convinced it would / too and i trusted there was / no one else / i didn't know / there was someone moving in / as i was moving out."
She continues, "three weeks later a box of new toys / was delivered and her assistant brought / it to my rental house as a mistake / i opened it / and that's when i felt something was up / i called her / "i have your new d***s on my kitchen counter?"
Michaels also says that she didn't realize their split was final until she listened to Etheridge's new album, "I understood / oh / you don't want to work it out / oh you already have someone in the wings / oh you already have pined for another / oh you are done here."
She also goes on to attack the reported relationship in PEOPLE, "since april of 09? Mmm / one of my little sweet peas told me otherwise much / earlier than that, Pooper magazine / they should have shut the bedroom door."
Etheridge's response to her ex's poem came from her rep and it said, "I do not comment on haikus," UsMagazine.com reports.
Michaels is also the mother to the couples' twins, son Miller and daughter Johnnie Rose, born in 2006. She is currently fighting for custody of the twins, and in addition to requesting full custody, Michaels is also petitioning Etheridge for spousal support.
Michaels claimed, in an earlier poem, Etheridge hasn't supported her and their 4-year-old twins with enough money to eat -- "when i went to get cash / just last week / for the three of us to eat / nothing."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rap mogul Suge Knight behind wheel of truck in deadly hit-and-run, lawyer says
- Rod McKuen, mega-selling poet and performer, dies at 81
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons to play God in Broadway show
- Teresa Giudice's Life in Prison: Working Out and Dreaming of Spray Tans
- Human Ken Doll 2.0! Man Pays Over $265K to Reinvent Himself with Plastic Surgery
- Bruce Jenner Spotted Pouting in Public, and New Details About His Supposed Docu-Series
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!