'Glee,' 'Modern Family,' 'Easy A' Among Nominees for GLAAD Media Awards
By Jo Piazza Posted Jan 20th 2011 10:30AM
'The Kids Are All Right' and 'Easy A,' HBO's bloody vampire drama 'True Blood,' ABC's Emmy-winning comedy 'Modern Family,' Fox's 'Glee' and NBC's '30 Rock' are just a few of the nominees for the 22nd Annual Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards.
The awards honor media for outstanding portrayals of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and the issues they face.
Other nominees for this year's awards include 'I Love You Phillip Morris,' starring Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor as a gay couple, 'Howl,' starring James Franco and 'The Oprah Winfrey
Show' for Ricky Martin's first televised interview.
"This year's nominees represent some of the images and stories at the root of the growing
acceptance of our community and support for our equality," said GLAAD President Jarrett
Barrios. "They also have created a benchmark for inclusion of our community that other media
outlets should look to. As GLAAD celebrates 25 years of working with the media, we
are proud to recognize this year's nominees and we challenge the industry to share more stories
that reflect the diversity of our community and the challenges that gay and transgender people
GLAAD announced 114 nominees in 23 English-language categories and 33 Spanish-language nominees in nine categories. In the English-language categories, cable networks earned 22
nominations, while broadcast networks garnered 11 nominations.
Award ceremonies will be held in New York on March 19 at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square, in Los Angeles on April 16 at the Westin Bonaventure and in San Francisco on May 14 at San Francisco Marriott Marquis.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry tapped to perform Super Bowl halftime show
- One Direction, Katy Perry each win three American Music Awards
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- China's 'Blind Massage' Sweeps Taiwan's Golden Horse Awards
- Rita Ora: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Role Has "Opened a Lot of Doors"
- Idris Elba Working on 'Luther'-Inspired Album
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5, Episode 7 Recap: You're Not Holding it Right
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1' Soars to the Top Spot
- 10 of the Greatest Movie Transformations Ever