Portia de Rossi Claims Ex Ran Off With Her Brother's Wife
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 20th 2011 03:35AM
De Rossi was married to Metcalf between 1996 and 1999, and she reveals in the book how she hit rock bottom when her husband left her and got together with her elder brother Michael Rogers' wife, Renee Kappos.
The Daily Mail reports de Rossi saying in the book, "When my husband left me, my brother moved into my place ... My husband ran off with his wife, so we kept each other company and we liked to go out for margaritas and Mexican food to commiserate."
De Rossi also says the signs were there of the growing relationship between Metcalf and Kappos.
"The fact that Renee would wear skimpy, lacy underwear clearly visible underneath her oversized, gaping overalls should have indicated to my brother and me that a personal partnership was also forming."
She says the breakup, followed by the betrayal of their respective spouses, left both the siblings shocked. De Rossi says, "But when Mel left me and Renee suddenly sabotaged her marriage to my brother to be with Mel, my brother and I were left idiotically scratching our heads in disbelief."
De Rossi goes on to note that Metcalf and Kappos later got married, saying, "He had married his longtime girlfriend, Renee, just before leaving Australia and the two newlyweds moved into an apartment in the same Melrose Place-style complex that was home to me and Mel."
RadarOnline reports that regardless of the family affair, de Rossi insists there is no bad blood with Metcalf.
The actress says Metcalf helped her find her true sexual orientation. "By the end of our first year together, despite my desire to be attracted to him, my latent fear of my real sexuality was simmering and about to boil," she says. "I was almost positive I was gay. So I married him."
De Rossi, 37, came out as lesbian in 2005, married talk show host Ellen DeGeneres in 2008 and officially took wife DeGeneres' last name in 2010. She is now legally known as Portia Lee James DeGeneres.
Ellen and Portia
Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi is seen around Lincoln Center during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on September 9, 2010 in New York City. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2011 - Seen Around Lincoln Center - Day 1 New York, NY United States September 9, 2010 Photo by John Parra/WireImage.com To license this image (61549834), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Angelina Jolie's Wedding Dress Featured Colorful Designs Drawn By Her and Brad Pitt's Kids -- See the First Pic!
- Carrie Underwood is Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Mike Fisher!
- Melissa Rivers Releases New Statement on Mom Joan River's Condition; Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leaked: Top Weekend Stories
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- Alec Baldwin avoids arrest after scuffle with photographer
- Kim Kardashian Posts Stunning New Wedding Picture With Kanye West—Take a Look!
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's First Wedding Photos Revealed—See the Bride's Gorgeous Dress
- Robin Williams' Daughter, Zelda Williams, Returns to Twitter After Being Taunted Online