Keith Olbermann Abruptly Leaves MSNBC
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Jan 21st 2011 09:13PM
Keith Olbermann is abruptly leaving MSNBC. The network announced that Friday's night's 'Countdown' show will be Olbermann's last.
This past November the primetime host was suspended "indefinitely" from MSNBC. Olbermann contributed to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates during election season, including Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.
Shortly after Olbermann's suspension, the host was welcomed back to MSNBC. He demanded an apology from the network before returning to his position.
His abrupt departure from MSNBC comes without explanation. "In the mundane world television goodbyes, reality is laughably uncooperative," Olbermann said. He thanked viewers for keeping him on the air for eight years.
The network released a statement, saying, "MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors."
Lawrence O'Donnell, who hosts a show on the network at 10:00 PM, will fill Olbermann's 8:00 PM slot beginning Monday.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ireland Baldwin, Ryan Lochte Model Together in Gorgeous New Calvin Klein Ads: Pictures
- Thandie Newton Cradles Baby Son Booker Jombe Parker, One Month
- Leighton Meester Says "Pesky" Husband Adam Brody Is "Incredible? In New Film Life Partners
- ‘RHONY’ Rejected! Bethenny Frankel Refuses To Return To The Show That Made Her Famous ? Despite Personal Request From Andy Cohen
- Glen Campbell moved to Alzheimer's facility, report says
- Miley Cyrus postpones more concerts as she remains hospitalized
- FOX411's pic of the day