Keith Olbermann Abruptly Leaves MSNBC
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Jan 21st 2011 09:13PM
Keith Olbermann is abruptly leaving MSNBC. The network announced that Friday's night's 'Countdown' show will be Olbermann's last.
This past November the primetime host was suspended "indefinitely" from MSNBC. Olbermann contributed to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates during election season, including Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.
Shortly after Olbermann's suspension, the host was welcomed back to MSNBC. He demanded an apology from the network before returning to his position.
His abrupt departure from MSNBC comes without explanation. "In the mundane world television goodbyes, reality is laughably uncooperative," Olbermann said. He thanked viewers for keeping him on the air for eight years.
The network released a statement, saying, "MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors."
Lawrence O'Donnell, who hosts a show on the network at 10:00 PM, will fill Olbermann's 8:00 PM slot beginning Monday.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendra Wilkinson: Being on TV Helped Heal My Marriage to Hank Baskett
- Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara Handle Racist, Sexist Fantastic Four Interview Like Pros: Watch Their Responses
- Bindi Irwin Gushes About Her New Boyfriend Chandler Powell: "He Is Passionate About Wildlife"
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Brown vs. Houston family feud is just beginning, Bobby's sister vows
- Eliza Dushku Says She Was Kicked Out of Hotel Room Because of One Direction, Then Laughs It Off
- Snoop Dogg Stopped by Police at Airport in Italy After Carrying $422,000 in Cash—Find Out What Happened Next
- Travi$ Scott Arrested at Lollapalooza 2015 After Allegedly Telling Fans to Jump the Barricades