Keith Olbermann Abruptly Leaves MSNBC
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Jan 21st 2011 09:13PM
Keith Olbermann is abruptly leaving MSNBC. The network announced that Friday's night's 'Countdown' show will be Olbermann's last.
This past November the primetime host was suspended "indefinitely" from MSNBC. Olbermann contributed to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates during election season, including Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.
Shortly after Olbermann's suspension, the host was welcomed back to MSNBC. He demanded an apology from the network before returning to his position.
His abrupt departure from MSNBC comes without explanation. "In the mundane world television goodbyes, reality is laughably uncooperative," Olbermann said. He thanked viewers for keeping him on the air for eight years.
The network released a statement, saying, "MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors."
Lawrence O'Donnell, who hosts a show on the network at 10:00 PM, will fill Olbermann's 8:00 PM slot beginning Monday.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince William Commemorates ANZAC Day As Kate Middleton Prepares to Give Birth to Second Royal Baby
- Bruce Jenner Building "Glam Room" Amid Gender Transition: "We're Totally Going to Rock This Place!"
- Kourtney Kardashian Doesn't Want Scott Disick "Drunk in the Delivery Room": Watch the KUWTK Clip!
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Jared Leto Is Terrifying as the Joker in Suicide Squad—See the New Photo That Will Haunt Your Nightmares!
- Bruce Jenner's Ex-Wife Linda Thompson Posts Essay After ABC Interview, Talks Marriage and Says She's Grateful
- Rob Kardashian Calls Bruce Jenner a "Role Model" After Diane Sawyer Interview, Kim Kardashian Shares Selfies