Keith Olbermann Abruptly Leaves MSNBC
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Jan 21st 2011 09:13PM
Keith Olbermann is abruptly leaving MSNBC. The network announced that Friday's night's 'Countdown' show will be Olbermann's last.
This past November the primetime host was suspended "indefinitely" from MSNBC. Olbermann contributed to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates during election season, including Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.
Shortly after Olbermann's suspension, the host was welcomed back to MSNBC. He demanded an apology from the network before returning to his position.
His abrupt departure from MSNBC comes without explanation. "In the mundane world television goodbyes, reality is laughably uncooperative," Olbermann said. He thanked viewers for keeping him on the air for eight years.
The network released a statement, saying, "MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors."
Lawrence O'Donnell, who hosts a show on the network at 10:00 PM, will fill Olbermann's 8:00 PM slot beginning Monday.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers Remembers Mom Joan on the Anniversary of Her Death: "It's Been Difficult"
- Elizabeth Banks Gets Her Heel Caught in Her Dress on the Red Carpet, Recovers Like a Pro: Funny Pics!
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner Spotted Smiling Together After Split, Nanny Drama: Photos
- Luke Bryan takes offense to bro-country label
- Emily Ratajkowski wants everyone to get over the 'Blurred Lines' video
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy's escaped King Cobra has town on edge
- Pink Doesn't Deny Slamming Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift at the VMAs—but What About Demi Lovato?
- Caitlyn Jenner Gives First Talk Show Interview on Ellen, Admits ''I Was Not For'' Gay Marriage In the Past: ''I Like Tradition''
- Rihanna Goes Braless in See-Through Mesh Dress for Dior Magazine—Check It Out!