Singer Monica Secretly Weds Lakers Guard Shannon Brown
By Boombox Editors Posted Jan 21st 2011 12:40AM
Brown, a shooting guard for the Los Angeles Lakers, casually owned up to the nuptials during a post-game interview. "It's true," he said. "I really don't know what else to say about it. It's true. That's my wife. I'm her husband. We gonna continue to make positive things happen."
The couple met last year when Brown appeared in the Grammy winner's video 'Love All Over Me.' After only a few months of dating, the two became engaged in October, which she announced via her Twitter page. "We realize people will have their opinions," she wrote after receiving some opposition to her decision. "That's the way of the world. But we know who we are & who's we are."
Monica was previously engaged to longtime boyfriend Rodney "Rocko" Hill, with whom she shares two sons, 3-year-old Romelo and 5-year-old Rodney Jr. Now that she's married to Brown, the Atlanta native can add stepmother to her resume, as Brown also has a young son from a previous relationship.
Blending families is something that the 30-year-old is used to. "I think that it's good for people to see that you can have the things that you truly want, and I don't mean that in a material way. I mean with relationships," she said. "We're very much a blended family. I have a mother and a stepfather who I love very much. I'm still very close to my own father. I have a brother, I have two small sons. I still have my career, all these different things, and it speaks volumes to your everyday person."
Get more at The BoomBox.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Wars' teaser trailer premieres
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Holiday Movie Preview! 10 Films to Definitely Check Out
- ?Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer: 4 Things That Leave Us Wanting More!
- ?Real World' Star Ryan Knight Found Dead at 29
- Donovan Leitch's Fiancee Libby Mintz Is Pregnant! Couple Expecting First Child Together
- Lady Gaga Lays in Bed With Taylor Kinney in Late Thanksgiving Video -- Watch Their Pillow Fight!
- Scott Stapp, Creed Frontman, Was Placed on a Psychiatric Hold Before Confessional Video: Report