Aaron Carter Enters Rehab for 'Addiction Problems'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 24th 2011 05:10AM
E! Online quotes a source who said that Carter's move to the rehab center was not a based on a court-mandated order but his own choice to finally get help.
"He was struggling recently and needed this," the source said.
Carter's manager, Johnny Wright, said that the singer, 23, came to him a few months ago wanting to return to music and restart his career. Carter has been in Orlando, Fla., working on a new album and "perfecting his live show and his physical body."
Wright said, "Aaron, understanding the challenges and hard work it would take to get himself back to the top, requested to take some time before we started to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with."
He continues, "Therefore he has chosen to enter a facility where he feels he will get the guidance and cleansing he needs that will help him on the music journey he's about to take. He asks that everyone keep him in their prayers and that they respect his privacy at this time."
While it is not known what the singer is being treated for, The Daily Mail reports that Carter has been linked to substance abuse issues in the past, and even appeared on 'Celebrity Rehab' back in 2008.
Carter was arrested for marijuana possession that year.
It has also been reported that older brother and Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter has been very supportive of Carter's move to the rehab facility and has visited him in the facility in between rehearsals for the NKOTBSB tour.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Demi Lovato Reflects on Weight Fluctuation, Body Image Issues: "I Feel Beautiful"
- Brad Pitt Wears New Wedding Ring at Fury Film Event as Angelina Jolie Marriage News Breaks: See the Pictures
- Jennifer Aniston Sparkles in Sexy Sequined Dress at Life of Crime L.A. Premiere: Picture
- Serendipitous Surroundings: Check Out Chateau Miraval, The French Chateau Where Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Became Man & Wife
- Kanye West’s Dad Was a Paparazzo
- Celebrity child molesters: Is their fame a factor?
- Beyonce's dad suggests divorce rumors were fabricated to boost ticket sales