Aaron Carter Enters Rehab for 'Addiction Problems'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 24th 2011 05:10AM
E! Online quotes a source who said that Carter's move to the rehab center was not a based on a court-mandated order but his own choice to finally get help.
"He was struggling recently and needed this," the source said.
Carter's manager, Johnny Wright, said that the singer, 23, came to him a few months ago wanting to return to music and restart his career. Carter has been in Orlando, Fla., working on a new album and "perfecting his live show and his physical body."
Wright said, "Aaron, understanding the challenges and hard work it would take to get himself back to the top, requested to take some time before we started to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with."
He continues, "Therefore he has chosen to enter a facility where he feels he will get the guidance and cleansing he needs that will help him on the music journey he's about to take. He asks that everyone keep him in their prayers and that they respect his privacy at this time."
While it is not known what the singer is being treated for, The Daily Mail reports that Carter has been linked to substance abuse issues in the past, and even appeared on 'Celebrity Rehab' back in 2008.
Carter was arrested for marijuana possession that year.
It has also been reported that older brother and Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter has been very supportive of Carter's move to the rehab facility and has visited him in the facility in between rehearsals for the NKOTBSB tour.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hilaria Baldwin Reveals How She Lost 18 Pounds of Pregnancy Weight in 10 Weeks
- Cat Deeley Expecting First Child With Husband Patrick Kielty
- Sesame Street Parodies Meg Ryan's Orgasm Scene From When Harry Met Sally: Watch!
- Tori Spelling suing Benihana over burns from falling on grill
- Cindy Crawford doesn't understand why unflattering photo makes other feel good
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Hipster Barbie Hilariously Mocks Being "Authentic" on Instagram
- Has The Bachelorette's Josh Murray Found Love Again?! Andi Dorfman's Ex Posts Cryptic Pic With Beautiful Blonde
- Karlie Kloss Is a Cute College Co-Ed on Her First Day of College at NYU—See the Pic!