Aaron Carter Enters Rehab for 'Addiction Problems'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 24th 2011 05:10AM
E! Online quotes a source who said that Carter's move to the rehab center was not a based on a court-mandated order but his own choice to finally get help.
"He was struggling recently and needed this," the source said.
Carter's manager, Johnny Wright, said that the singer, 23, came to him a few months ago wanting to return to music and restart his career. Carter has been in Orlando, Fla., working on a new album and "perfecting his live show and his physical body."
Wright said, "Aaron, understanding the challenges and hard work it would take to get himself back to the top, requested to take some time before we started to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with."
He continues, "Therefore he has chosen to enter a facility where he feels he will get the guidance and cleansing he needs that will help him on the music journey he's about to take. He asks that everyone keep him in their prayers and that they respect his privacy at this time."
While it is not known what the singer is being treated for, The Daily Mail reports that Carter has been linked to substance abuse issues in the past, and even appeared on 'Celebrity Rehab' back in 2008.
Carter was arrested for marijuana possession that year.
It has also been reported that older brother and Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter has been very supportive of Carter's move to the rehab facility and has visited him in the facility in between rehearsals for the NKOTBSB tour.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette After the Final Rose Recap: Andi Dorfman's Runner-Up Confronts Her About "Making Love" to Him
- Arie Luyendyk Jr., Farmer Chris Soules Being Considered for ABC's Next Bachelor: Details
- Rob Kardashian Resurfaces While Mom Kris Jenner Cries Over His Issues; Audrina Patridge and Corey Bohan Split: Top 5 Monday Stories
- Out Of Kontrol! Teenagers Kendall & Kylie Jenner Cozy Up To Controversial Chris Brown ? Have They Gone Too Far?
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Unintentionally Give the Cameras Their Best Blue Steel Face and Kill It!
- Eva Green's Controversial Sin City Outfit is Now Too Sexy For ABC
- Kendall Jenner Says People Didn't Take Her Seriously as a Model at First: Fame "Has Almost Worked Against Me"