Elisabetta Canalis Learns on CNN She'll Never Be Mrs. Clooney
When George Clooney sat down for an interview with CNN's Piers Morgan, he made it clear to the world that he doesn't want to get married again. Too bad he forgot to mention this to longtime girlfriend, Elisabetta Canalis.
"I hate to blow your whole news story, but I was married," George told 'Piers Morgan Tonight' on Friday. "Yeah, so I've proven how good I was at it, and I just ... I'm allowed one," the 48-year-old actor-philanthropist said referring to his marriage to actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993.
"Elisabetta had no idea he was going to say that," a friend of the Italian beauty tells me. "She thought she was going to be the girl who would finally get George to settle down and put a ring on it. She was totally surprised."
Even the star's dad, Nick, who was in the same interview, seemed surprised by his son's answer on plans to walk down the aisle again, telling George, "I want you to think about that. I want you to think about ... we've been married ... Nina [George's mom] and I've been married 51 years."
However, friends tell me despite what George might say in public, Elisabetta won't take no for an answer. "If he doesn't ask her to marry him soon she will ask him," an insider tells me. "And if he says no, well there are plenty more fish in the ocean."
Good look finding another fish that looks like George!
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT George Clooney
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about George Clooney Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Game Of Thrones' stars get big pay raise
- Garth Brooks to give fans sneak peek of new album on Halloween
- FOX411's pic of the day
- China's CCTV New Year's Gala to Use Fewer Celebrities, Take Moral High Ground
- Watch 'Big Bang Theory's' Nerdiest (and Most Amazing) Surprise
- 'Doctor Who' Season Finale to be Special Extended Episode
- 'Horns' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About Daniel Radcliffe's Devilish New Movie
- Man Dressed as Teletubby Arrested for Stealing Chinese Food
- Tom Hiddleston to Star in AMC Miniseries With Hugh Laurie