Elisabetta Canalis Learns on CNN She'll Never Be Mrs. Clooney
When George Clooney sat down for an interview with CNN's Piers Morgan, he made it clear to the world that he doesn't want to get married again. Too bad he forgot to mention this to longtime girlfriend, Elisabetta Canalis.
"I hate to blow your whole news story, but I was married," George told 'Piers Morgan Tonight' on Friday. "Yeah, so I've proven how good I was at it, and I just ... I'm allowed one," the 48-year-old actor-philanthropist said referring to his marriage to actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993.
"Elisabetta had no idea he was going to say that," a friend of the Italian beauty tells me. "She thought she was going to be the girl who would finally get George to settle down and put a ring on it. She was totally surprised."
Even the star's dad, Nick, who was in the same interview, seemed surprised by his son's answer on plans to walk down the aisle again, telling George, "I want you to think about that. I want you to think about ... we've been married ... Nina [George's mom] and I've been married 51 years."
However, friends tell me despite what George might say in public, Elisabetta won't take no for an answer. "If he doesn't ask her to marry him soon she will ask him," an insider tells me. "And if he says no, well there are plenty more fish in the ocean."
Good look finding another fish that looks like George!
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT George Clooney
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about George Clooney Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- All-American Summer 2015
- Taylor Swift got clothes for 'Bad Blood' from LA sex shop
- 'Mad Men' Finale Is Series' Most-Watched Episode, After All
- Amy Schumer to Write, Star in Fox Mother-Daughter Comedy (Exclusive)
- TV Ratings: 'Red Nose Day' Draws Small Crowd, 'Wayward Pines' Improves
- How the Age of Antihero TV Has Ruined Us All
- This A Cappella Medley of the 'Boy Meets World' Theme Songs Is '90s Perfection
- Scott Patterson Says a 'Gilmore Girls' Reunion Is (Maybe) in the Works