'Toy Story 3' Producer 'Surprised' by Best Picture Nod
By Stacy Jenel Smith Posted Jan 25th 2011 01:26PM
Anderson says that watching the nominations being read was a nerve-wracking experience for herself and fellow 'Toy Story 3' colleagues.
"When they read off the nominations, we were at the bottom of the second half of the list, and I thought, 'Oh, my God. Come on.' My heart was pounding. The potential was killing me. I personally was surprised."
"It's something you don't take for granted, what a gigantic honor it is, such a huge honor, to be nominated for an Academy Award."
She notes that, "I'm here at Pixar, which is exactly what I want. I want to be with the 400-plus people who made this film possible. We'll definitely be celebrating. It may be as simple as gathering somewhere and hugging each other," she said this morning.
As for what she thinks is their biggest competition? "It seems like 'The King's Speech' and 'The Social Network' are doing so well -- but you never know what is going to happen," Anderson replies.
As the film's lone producer, Anderson would have chief honors of accepting the Oscar if they win Best Picture.
The team knew they were going out on a limb with their animated tale in some respects, but she says, "When this film was finished and in the can, I have to be honest, I felt really an enormous amount of peace."
She says that as a producer, she didn't have to leave any stones unturned in the making of the film, and they made sure that it was exactly how they wanted it to turn out.
"We did take a lot of risks on this film -- we had some moments of loss and poignancy," she said. "We risked Andy giving the toys away, and a lot of intensity, along with a lot of laughter. And I wasn't sure how people would respond to the film -- but I knew we told the story we wanted to tell, and took the story to all those places we wanted to take it."
'Toy Story 3' received five major nominations, including best picture, animated feature, sound editing, original song and adapted screenplay.
► See a List of Nominees!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gym, Tan, Pokey? ?Jersey Shore' star's grand jury ?Situation'
- ?Out of the Furnace' review: Bale, Affleck and Harrelson shine but flick falls short
- The ladies of 'Duck Dynasty' deck the halls
- Esquire Network Orders Football Docuseries 'Friday Night Tykes' (Exclusive)
- Disney's 'Dog With a Blog': An Unlikely Guest Crashes the Holiday Party (Exclusive Video)
- 3 New 'Larger than Life' Places to Live (Temporarily) in Dubai
- Benedict Cumberbatch recites R. Kelly's ?Genius' on Kimmel: ?I can't wait to turn you on' ? VIDEO
- Aisha Tyler calls Kanye West ?the straight, black Liberace' ? VIDEO
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Taps TV Star to Play Anastasia Steele's Stepdad
- 'Nymphomaniac' Scores Two-Part U.S. Release
- Great Odin's Raven, There's a Ron Burgundy Scotch