'Avatar' Star Sam Worthington Splits From Longtime Girlfriend
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 25th 2011 02:30AM
According to the Herald Sun, Worthington, 34, recently split from fashion stylist Mark, his girlfriend of nearly three years. The couple has not been seen out together since last October, and a source close to the couple wasn't surprised to hear about the split.
The source is quoted as saying, "It's been in the cards for a while, I believe."
And it seems that Worthington may not be taking the split too well. The Herald Sun also reports that eyewitnesses at an annual Australian "G-day" event held in Los Angeles were shocked by the actor's aggressive behavior.
When Worthington was asked by the organizers to wait before walking the red carpet, the actor reportedly slammed his fist into a photo wall and screamed obscenities.
He later got into the event through a side entrance, possibly to avoid the press. But once inside, his angry behavior did not stop. The actor was seen frequently leaving his seat and swearing.
Worthington is part of the proposed sequels to 'Avatar,' which are slated for release in 2014 and 2015.
James Cameron told Entertainment Weekly, "I am in the process of writing the next two 'Avatar' films now. We are planning to shoot them together and post them together, and we will probably release them not quite back to back, but about a year apart. Christmas '14 and '15 is the current plan."
Worthington hyped the sequels recently, speculating on the plot, "I always joked and said that they were married, and Jake Sully got lazy, and Neytiri kicked his butt."
He continues, "But there is something to [the notion of being] in a genetically-engineered body now, which he is. Is there a 'use by' date on it? I don't know. What's the new dilemma? Is it just humans coming back, or is something even bigger than can threaten them, threaten the world?"
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rosie O'Donnell and Nicolle Wallace Spar on The View Over George W. Bush's Handling of Katrina
- Ben McKenzie Explains Head Injury at Gotham Premiere: "I Hit a Concrete Pillar With My Head"
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19: Who Was Eliminated First?
- Explosive New Details Of Joan Rivers' Medical Crisis: Doctor Snapped Selfie With Legendary Comic & Performed Unauthorized Biopsy While She Was Under Anesthesia!
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album