Artist Adds To His 'Celebrity Junk Drawer'
By Ben Trivett Posted Jan 26th 2011 03:00PM
Jason Mecier has a new approach to capturing celebrities -- by using their trash. That's right, this San Francisco-based artist isn't just painting or drawing celebs as he sees them; he's using pieces of their garbage to create beautiful 3-D mosaics. Mecier often contacts celebs directly and asks them for a little bit of their junk to help show more of who they really are.
''I enjoy trying to match the items with the essence of each unique subject. These days, much of my material is gifted to me from friends, family, fans and, of course, the celebrities themselves," Mecier told Socialite Life.
Mecier's portfolio of trash mosaics includes Pink, Paris Hilton, Jimmy Fallon and countless others. He's even looking to do a mosaic of 'Jersey Shore' star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi. That trash could be quite interesting! Check out more of Jason's art after the jump.
Mecier does get quite creative when constucting these works of art. He has become a master of using found objects.
"When I was young, I remember being mesmerized by my grandma's paintings, weaving, mosaics, sculptures, collages and stained glass work that filled my grandparents' house and yard. If she was working on an art project, she would set me up at a nearby table with a project of my own to work on," Mecier told Brand X in March.
To see more of Mecier's work, check out his website at JasonMecier.com.
Artist Makes Art Out of Celebrity Trash
Jason Mecier poses with his celebrity trash mosaics.
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tila Tequila Is Pregnant, Expecting First Child: See Baby Bump Picture
- Kate Middleton, Mindy Kaling Wear Same L.K. Bennett Dress: Pictures
- Vincent Kartheiser Opens Up About Falling For Fiancee Alexis Bledel, Mad Men Cast Rooted For Them
- Ian Somerhalder Dating Molly Swenson
- Battle Of The Boy Bands! Joey Fatone Disses Nick Carter
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Her Baby Bump With Ashton Kutcher And His Pregnant Sister
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'