Artist Adds To His 'Celebrity Junk Drawer'
By Ben Trivett Posted Jan 26th 2011 03:00PM
Jason Mecier has a new approach to capturing celebrities -- by using their trash. That's right, this San Francisco-based artist isn't just painting or drawing celebs as he sees them; he's using pieces of their garbage to create beautiful 3-D mosaics. Mecier often contacts celebs directly and asks them for a little bit of their junk to help show more of who they really are.
''I enjoy trying to match the items with the essence of each unique subject. These days, much of my material is gifted to me from friends, family, fans and, of course, the celebrities themselves," Mecier told Socialite Life.
Mecier's portfolio of trash mosaics includes Pink, Paris Hilton, Jimmy Fallon and countless others. He's even looking to do a mosaic of 'Jersey Shore' star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi. That trash could be quite interesting! Check out more of Jason's art after the jump.
Mecier does get quite creative when constucting these works of art. He has become a master of using found objects.
"When I was young, I remember being mesmerized by my grandma's paintings, weaving, mosaics, sculptures, collages and stained glass work that filled my grandparents' house and yard. If she was working on an art project, she would set me up at a nearby table with a project of my own to work on," Mecier told Brand X in March.
To see more of Mecier's work, check out his website at JasonMecier.com.
Artist Makes Art Out of Celebrity Trash
Jason Mecier poses with his celebrity trash mosaics.
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny McCarthy Said She Feels "Trans" Inside and Would Love If Her Son Came Out As Gay
- Shia LaBeouf Discusses Friendship With Brad Pitt: "He's Like My Husband"
- Matthew Morrison Shares Beautiful Wedding Picture With New Wife "Mrs. Renee Marie Morrison"
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Oscar de la Renta, fashion designer, dies at 82, report says
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Perfect Match! Leonardo DiCaprio and Girlfriend Toni Garrn Enjoy Romantic Tennis Match—Watch Now!
- Diane von Furstenberg Hangs Out With Jessica Alba, Selena Gomez and More—See DVF's Famous Friends!
- Katy Perry's Birthday Week Is Already Amazing: Singer's Dream of Getting Her Name on the Shakey's Sign Comes True!