'Real Housewives' Coming to Miami and Bringing Along a Drag Diva
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 26th 2011 09:25AM
The wildly successful 'Real Housewives' series is taking its talents to South Beach, well, Miami to be exact, for the latest expansion of the franchise. But aside from the possibility of bumping into the odd 'Jersey Shore' straggler, the show is sure to shock some viewers by adding its first ever self-styled drag queen to the cast.
Blonde bombshell Elaine Lancaster, whose male name is James Davis and who is close personal friends with Dennis Rodman, has joined the show as a part of the wider ensemble.
"This is a super brave move on the part of Bravo," a TV executive tells me, adding that putting this kind of character "on mainstream TV with honesty and dignity will help everyone accept that the America we all live in is full of beautiful and talented people that come in many different forms. Bravo to Bravo."
Elaine will appear as both James and Elaine in the series, which is expected to debut in the first half of 2011. The show started its life as 'Miami Social Club' but will now be 'RHOM,' and also stars Scottie Pippen's wife, Larsa, and magazine editor Alexia Echeverria.
"Bravo shot the show and debated for weeks whether or not to add it to its 'Housewife' franchise or just run it as a stand alone Miami show," a Bravo insider tells me. "But now the decision has been made and it will be another 'Real Housewife' show."
Note to you 'Beverly Hills' ladies, you are going to have to turn it up a notch or two! Wink!
► In Other Drag News: 'Drag Race' Host RuPaul Says 'We're All in Drag'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
- Taylor Swift Says She "Wouldn't Survive in Jail," Is Terrified of Sea Urchins -- Watch
- Ace of Cakes Star Duff Goldman: I Love Riding Motorcycles Even After Losing Toes in Crash
- Ebola In NYC! Doctor Tests Positive For Virus After Treating Patients In Guinea
- Lucky Break! Former ?RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub Gets $700K In Liens Cancelled In Bankruptcy Case
- Mean Girl! Kim Kardashian Snubs Chris Brown’s ‘Lowbrow’ Girlfriend Karrueche Tran
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation