'Real Housewives' Coming to Miami and Bringing Along a Drag Diva
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 26th 2011 09:25AM
The wildly successful 'Real Housewives' series is taking its talents to South Beach, well, Miami to be exact, for the latest expansion of the franchise. But aside from the possibility of bumping into the odd 'Jersey Shore' straggler, the show is sure to shock some viewers by adding its first ever self-styled drag queen to the cast.
Blonde bombshell Elaine Lancaster, whose male name is James Davis and who is close personal friends with Dennis Rodman, has joined the show as a part of the wider ensemble.
"This is a super brave move on the part of Bravo," a TV executive tells me, adding that putting this kind of character "on mainstream TV with honesty and dignity will help everyone accept that the America we all live in is full of beautiful and talented people that come in many different forms. Bravo to Bravo."
Elaine will appear as both James and Elaine in the series, which is expected to debut in the first half of 2011. The show started its life as 'Miami Social Club' but will now be 'RHOM,' and also stars Scottie Pippen's wife, Larsa, and magazine editor Alexia Echeverria.
"Bravo shot the show and debated for weeks whether or not to add it to its 'Housewife' franchise or just run it as a stand alone Miami show," a Bravo insider tells me. "But now the decision has been made and it will be another 'Real Housewife' show."
Note to you 'Beverly Hills' ladies, you are going to have to turn it up a notch or two! Wink!
► In Other Drag News: 'Drag Race' Host RuPaul Says 'We're All in Drag'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lena Dunham Stars in Saturday Night Live Scandal Spoof as Awkward New Gladiator Kelsey: Watch the Video Here
- Stacy Keibler Secretly Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Ceremony in Mexico
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Modern Romance For ‘Modern Family’ Star: Eric Stonestreet In Long Distance Romance With Aussie TV Host
- Arkansas judge posted details about adoption by Charlize Theron
- Jeff Bridges wins award at film festival
- '300: Rise of an Empire' wages war at the box office