Madonna Likes 'Em Young. So What? 5 Reasons Madonna Can Date Whomever She Wants
By Jo Piazza Posted Jan 26th 2011 08:00PM
Pop-Ed: Madonna's oft publicity-seeking brother Christopher Ciccone recently made headlines by saying it's a little bit "creepy" that his pop star sister keeps dating men who are less than half her age. Her current boyfriend, Brahim Zaibat, is just 24 to her 52. Before Zaibat, Her Madgesty dated 24-year-old Brazilian model Jesus Luz. Men can date women young enough to be their daughters until the old cows come home, but when a woman dips her toes into the fountain of youth it's creepy and bad for society. We don't see anything wrong with Madonna's penchant for young meat. In fact, here are five reasons why it makes perfect sense.
1. It's an ego thing (his not hers). No man Madonna's own age would be willing to put his own ego on ice and live in her shadow. "Boy toys are likely shadow creatures that are bendable, malleable and controllable," says relationship expert and author of 'Don't Bet on the Prince' Gilda Carle.
2. She can support herself. "Women in general today are secure in their social and financial worlds, so they too can enjoy the spoils of great success, and there is no better example than Madonna," says Cooper Lawrence, author of 'Been There, Done That, Kept the Jewelry.' "She is in a rare position to be one of the most powerful women of her age, and with power like hers, she can have anything she wants, and she wants young hot foreign men!"
3. Younger guys are hot! "It seems to be a win-win situation, as Madonna exchanges the usual pot-bellied middle-aged dating choices for gorgeous super studs," Carle says. "It keeps her in the headlines for her outrageous dating choices, and it ups the name recognition of those desperate to get it."
4. Younger guys "get" Madonna's lifestyle. "Madonna, like Cher, lives a life that is more in keeping with a younger man. She is really into her body, looking young and being relevant, therefore on many levels she can probably relate to a man in his 20s more than she can a man who is age appropriate," Lawrence says.
5. They don't need Viagra in their 20s. Madonna likes sex and lots of it. A guy her age isn't going to be able to keep up with her libido. In fact, four guys her age probably couldn't keep up with her libido. "Madonna keeps herself in great shape, and younger men are more likely to be able to keep up with her in an arm wrestling match and all other very important physical pursuits," says dating coach Tracey Steinberg. "Madonna has a lot in common with the character Samantha Jones from 'Sex and the City.' Both women are gorgeous, powerful and are very open about enjoying their sexuality with whoever they please. I completely understand why Madonna enjoys robbing the cradle; younger men can have amazing sex appeal."
All good reasons -- even if it is unfortunate we have to explain them in the first place. We didn't have to justify why Hugh Hefner would want to be engaged to a woman who could be his great-granddaughter -- and that is legitimately creepy.
MORE ABOUT Madonna
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Madonna Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jasmine Tridevil 'flattered' her three-breasted look is a Halloween hit
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82
- Extra Scoop: Watch Jason Momoa's Super Intense ?GoT' Audition Tape
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"