Bristol Palin Loves Being 3,600 Miles From Her Mom
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 27th 2011 11:39AM
It's not always easy leaving home and starting a new life for yourself, but now that Bristol Palin has traded freezing Alaska for the dry heat of Arizona, friends tell me she has zero intention of ever returning to her mom way, way up north in Wasilla.
"Bristol loves her mom and family, but it was time for her to start her own life with her son," a friend of Bristol's tells me. "'Dancing With the Stars' changed her life. She had never left home before, and it gave her the confidence to know she can survive and finally step out of her mom's shadow."
Being a whopping 3,600 miles away from home has let Bristol make her own decisions, rather than letting her mom influence her every move.
She bought a property in Maricopa, Ariz., last year with the money she earned from 'Dancing,' and she has even met with the management at Mix 96.9 FM in Phoenix to discuss a job in radio.
"Bristol was always a shy girl," her friend tells me. "She thought she would be working in an office for the rest of her life. She thought she would always be the governor's daughter who was never as pretty or as talented as her mom. But now that has all changed."
It may not come as a surprise to hear from insiders that Sarah can be a touch overbearing at times with her kids, and I'm told she didn't exactly encourage Bristol to flee the nest at the ripe age of 20.
"All this was Bristol's doing," her friend tells me. "She wants to make it on her own and hasn't taken a penny from her now-multimillionaire mother."
Bristol has yet to comment on whether she will accept the radio job or not, but even if she doesn't, something tells me everything is going to work out fine for this ambitious young lady.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Avicii Splits From Live-In Girlfriend Raquel Bettencourt: Get the Breakup Details
- Bill Cosby Under Police Investigation Amid Rape Allegations, More Women Claim Abuse: Report
- Ben McKenzie Admits to Using Handcuffs in Bed With a Woman, Talks Dating Regrets
- The Colbert Report Ends With A Fight With Death, A Huge Celeb Sing-Along & Abraham Lincoln the Unicorn
- George Clooney on Sony Pulling The Interview: Kim Jong Un, ''of all F--king People,'' Is Telling Us What We Can Watch
- Who's Pressuring Tiffani Thiessen to Get Pregnant Again?! White Collar Star Talks Planning for Baby No. 2