Elton John Doesn't Care If His Son Is Gay or Straight
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 27th 2011 02:28AM
"Elton and David are already amazing dads," a friend of the couples tells me. "They want Zach to be happy with whoever he grows up to be. If he wants to go into showbiz or drive a truck, they don't care. They also could care less if their son grows up to fall in love with a man or a woman."
Weighing 7-pounds, 15-ounces, Zachary was born in California via a surrogate. "I think he's getting more handsome by the day," Sir Elton said, joking that babies often "look a bit like Winston Churchill, their faces all scrunched up!"
What the couple probably didn't anticipate was the kind of pushback they're receiving for simply being the Us cover boys.
Scandal broke out Wednesday when a shopper at a Harps supermarket in Mountain View, Ark., spotted a "family shield" over the Elton cover in the checkout aisle. The sign, what you'd find covering a Playboy or Maxim, was there "to protect young Harps shoppers."
After a Twitter user named @jennhudd raised a ruckus, several sites picked it up (including PopEater and Gawker), and the "shield" was removed.
So, we can let our families watch 'Jersey Shore' but not see a picture of Elton, his partner and their beautful baby boy? Very sad.
And that's not all: According to a magazine insider, the Elton issue has sold quite poorly, leaving me to wonder if America is even ready for two men and a baby on a cover.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- ?SNL' Recap: Cameron Diaz Raps Like a ?Baller,' Bruno Mars Gets Funky and More!
- Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin Tease 'The Flash' and 'Arrow' Crossover Episodes
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Gets Cheeky with Girlfriend FKA twigs