Denise Richards 'Heartbroken,' Wants Charlie Sheen to Get Help for Kids' Sake
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 28th 2011 09:46AM
EXCLUSIVE: Within hours of being hospitalized Thursday morning, Charlie Sheen's ex-wife Denise Richards was at his bedside once again doing everything in her power to help the troubled father of their two daughters. Sources close to the actress tell me she has joined his famous father in calling for Charlie to enter rehab.
"Denise is heartbroken and fears the day when she gets the call saying Charlie is no longer alive," a friend of the actress tells me.
This time, I'm told, is different, and Denise has decided that she is going to do whatever it takes to make Charlie realize he needs help. First things first, she believes he needs a new inner circle of friends.
"Charlie surrounds himself with yes people," an insider tells me. "If you say no to him, then you are out of his life. Denise is one of the only people that could convince him. It wouldn't be the first time Denise has begged for him to get the help he needs, but everyone is hoping that this time he listens to her."
Charlie Sheen Snapshots
Charlie Sheen and his ex-wife Brooke Mueller in much, much better days. More Pics of the Actor >>
Getty Images for BASE Entertainm
Getty Images North America
Charlie left the hospital in secret Thursday night and his publicist, Stan Rosenfield, hinted that he has no plans to enter rehab. "He will be on the set of 'Two and a Half Men' on Tuesday," he said in a statement.
After three years of marriage, Denise and Charlie went through a bitter public divorce that was finalized in November 2006. At first, the couple agreed to shared custody of daughters Sam, 6, and Lola, 5, but last year Charlie signed parental rights over to Denise.
Charlie's prolonged meltdown, which came to a head during his rampage in a NYC hotel back in October, is putting the brutally honest Denise in an awkward position with her kids.
"It is becoming harder and harder for Denise to protect her daughters from what's going on as they get older," the star's close friend tells me. "She's an amazing mother and will not let Charlie leave these two beautiful little angels without a father. If she can't convince Charlie to get help simply because it's what he needs, then she hopes he will for the sake of his daughters."
It was a hernia that triggered the "severe abdominal pains" that sent Charlie to the hospital after a 36-hour party bender that reportedly included doing cocaine and watching porn with at least five women.
But Sheen's publicist tells me, "I have no firsthand knowledge of any of this. I have heard all of rumors you have. He [Charlie] has had a history of having this type of hernia, and the person who made the 911 call said he had severe stomach pains and said it was from a hernia condition. Since she is not a doctor, I did not extend her medical knowledge to the media."
According to PEOPLE, it was Dr. Paul Nassif and his wife Adrienne Maloof-Nassif, two stars of Bravo 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' and Sheen's neighbors, who called for help.
Good luck, Denise. The time has come for someone (and it's not going to be CBS as long as Charlie remains a ratings powerhouse) to save Charlie from himself.
- Filed under:
- Movie News -
- CelebRehab -
- Health Issues -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Denise Richards
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Denise Richards Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tyler Perry, Jimmy Fallon Have Jumping Drones Race: Watch the Video!
- Beyonce Shows off Her Tiny Waist in White Bikini, Cuddles up with Jay-Z
- Couple Leaves Waiter a $100 Tip for Bad Service; See George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo: Top 5 Stories
- ?Dog The Bounty Hunter's' Son's GF Caught Up In Racist Scandal After Posting Anti-Asian Comments On Instagram
- What's On? Seven Day TV And Soaps Guide ? This Week's Best Bets And Soaps
- See The Fab And Drab From This Week's Celebrity Fashion Selection
- Tracy Morgan 'can't believe' Walmart blaming him in deadly traffic accident
- Unrelated celebrity twins
- Anne Hathaway: Fame messed me up
- Taylor Swift Covers British Vogue: "Dating or Finding Someone Is the Last Thing on My Mind"
- Brad Pitt Feels Like "the Richest Man Alive," Calls Fatherhood "the Most Beautiful Thing" Ever
- Twilight Making a Comeback With Short Films on Facebook—and Kristen Stewart Is Involved!