Lisa Rinna a Possible Replacement for Regis?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 28th 2011 06:00AM
Regis Philbin isn't ready to say who he thinks would be the best replacement for him when he leaves 'Live' at the end of the summer, but one of the names that keeps popping up in the executive suites over at ABC is none other than Lisa Rinna.
"Lisa has proved she can do the job," one exec tells me. "She has co-hosted the show with Regis, filled in for Joy Behar on her show and was even better than Billy Bush when she stepped into his shoes on 'Access Hollywood's' new daytime show."
Could she do it? Absolutely, but there are questions like what would her chemistry be like with Kelly, and would she be willing to move her entire family from sunny LA to the snowpocalypse that is NYC?
Always the class act, my friend Lisa wouldn't comment on any of the speculation but did tell me, "Regis taught me everything that I know. He is the king!"
[Fun Fact: Lisa and I were at the show the morning the magnificent Kathie Lee Gifford announced she was leaving.]
Now, with the idea of co-hosting 'Live' in her head, Lisa has started to exude some of her trademark confidence and pointed out that this wouldn't be the first time she's been up for the job.
"You know, back 10 years ago I filled in many times with Regis when Kathie Lee left," Lisa reminded me. "I've been so fortunate enough to co-host with him at least 10 times or more and was up for the job to replace Kathie Lee, but of course Kelly was the perfect choice for it."
Indeed she was, but now she needs a co-pilot. Paging ABC!
MORE ABOUT Lisa Rinna
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lisa Rinna Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner's Diane Sawyer Interview: Laverne Cox and More Celebs Embrace His Bravery -- Read Their Reactions Here
- Bruce Jenner E! Documentary Confirmed Following His Emotional Confession ? Get All the Details on the Eight-Part One-Hour Docuseries
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer: Kim "Has Been, By Far, the Most Accepting" of the Kardashians
- Bruce Jenner in interview: 'I am a woman'
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Everything We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Candid Diane Sawyer Interview
- Bruce Jenner Says Khloé Kardashian Is Taking His Transition the Hardest ''Because She's Had a Lot of Losses in Her Life''
- Bruce Jenner's Family Reacts to Diane Sawyer Interview: We Are "So Very Proud" of Our "Hero"