'Karate Kid' Star Taraji P. Henson Strips for PETA
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 28th 2011 01:50AM
The 40-year-old actress saw a documentary which showed how animals on fur farms were skinned alive, and she immediately gave up wearing fur.
Henson said, "Before I saw that documentary, I would wear fur. But I saw this documentary, and I was riveted. I cried. ... Could you imagine somebody ripping your hair out, while you're still awake, fully conscious? It's ridiculous."
On the PETA website, Henson proclaims, "I don't think a living being should suffer for the sake of fashion, period. End of story ... You don't have to kill an animal just because you want to be hot and fly. And I really stand by that."
UsMagazine.com reports that Henson will unveil her anti-fur campaign at PETA's New York Fashion Week Bash on Feb. 10.
Justin Bieber recently got on board with PETA's campaign to adopt pets rather than purchase them.
Bieber said, "It's really important that people adopt. I really encourage going out to an animal shelter or a place where you can get a dog who has been abandoned or doesn't have a home."
Celebs Pose for PETA
Bethenny Frankel poses for PETA.
Celebs Pose for PETA
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner's Diane Sawyer Interview: Laverne Cox and More Celebs Embrace His Bravery -- Read Their Reactions Here
- Bruce Jenner E! Documentary Confirmed Following His Emotional Confession ? Get All the Details on the Eight-Part One-Hour Docuseries
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer: Kim "Has Been, By Far, the Most Accepting" of the Kardashians
- Bruce Jenner in interview: 'I am a woman'
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Everything We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Candid Diane Sawyer Interview
- Bruce Jenner Says Khloé Kardashian Is Taking His Transition the Hardest ''Because She's Had a Lot of Losses in Her Life''
- Bruce Jenner's Family Reacts to Diane Sawyer Interview: We Are "So Very Proud" of Our "Hero"