'Karate Kid' Star Taraji P. Henson Strips for PETA
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 28th 2011 01:50AM
The 40-year-old actress saw a documentary which showed how animals on fur farms were skinned alive, and she immediately gave up wearing fur.
Henson said, "Before I saw that documentary, I would wear fur. But I saw this documentary, and I was riveted. I cried. ... Could you imagine somebody ripping your hair out, while you're still awake, fully conscious? It's ridiculous."
On the PETA website, Henson proclaims, "I don't think a living being should suffer for the sake of fashion, period. End of story ... You don't have to kill an animal just because you want to be hot and fly. And I really stand by that."
UsMagazine.com reports that Henson will unveil her anti-fur campaign at PETA's New York Fashion Week Bash on Feb. 10.
Justin Bieber recently got on board with PETA's campaign to adopt pets rather than purchase them.
Bieber said, "It's really important that people adopt. I really encourage going out to an animal shelter or a place where you can get a dog who has been abandoned or doesn't have a home."
Celebs Pose for PETA
Bethenny Frankel poses for PETA.
Celebs Pose for PETA
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Snoop Dogg Looks Clean-Cut, Nearly Unrecognizable in Adorable High School Yearbook Photo
- Busy Philipps Promises the Cougar Town Finale Will Be "Perfect" -- But Don't Forget the Wine!
- Stephanie Pratt Goes Topless on Magazine Cover, Says Tell-All Memoir Will Reveal Hills Secrets
- ?New Girl' renewed for season 5 by Fox
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'sexist;' Comedy Central stands behind new 'Daily Show' host
- 'Britain's Got Talent' execs afraid of host's wardrobe malfunctions?
- Mom Whose Bikini Photo With Stretch Marks Went Viral Speaks Out: ''I Am Inspired''—Watch the Sweet Video!
- Lupita Nyong'o: There's ''Nothing Comfortable About Being an Actor," but She's Taking Grace-Under-Pressure Cues From Emma Thompson
- Pregnant Milla Jovovich Passes Her Due Date, Swears She's "Packed and Ready" for Her Baby Girl's Arrival