'Karate Kid' Star Taraji P. Henson Strips for PETA
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 28th 2011 01:50AM
The 40-year-old actress saw a documentary which showed how animals on fur farms were skinned alive, and she immediately gave up wearing fur.
Henson said, "Before I saw that documentary, I would wear fur. But I saw this documentary, and I was riveted. I cried. ... Could you imagine somebody ripping your hair out, while you're still awake, fully conscious? It's ridiculous."
On the PETA website, Henson proclaims, "I don't think a living being should suffer for the sake of fashion, period. End of story ... You don't have to kill an animal just because you want to be hot and fly. And I really stand by that."
UsMagazine.com reports that Henson will unveil her anti-fur campaign at PETA's New York Fashion Week Bash on Feb. 10.
Justin Bieber recently got on board with PETA's campaign to adopt pets rather than purchase them.
Bieber said, "It's really important that people adopt. I really encourage going out to an animal shelter or a place where you can get a dog who has been abandoned or doesn't have a home."
Celebs Pose for PETA
Bethenny Frankel poses for PETA.
Celebs Pose for PETA
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gabrielle Union, Dwyane Wade Hold Rehearsal Dinner in Miami Before Wedding: Photos
- Mary-Kate Olsen Competes in Hamptons Horse Show: Photos
- Vanessa Lachey Baby Bump: Pregnant Star Steps Out in Beverly Hills
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Kings of Leon play first show since drummer's injury
- Report: Jon Bon Jovi axed from group bidding for Buffalo Bills
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- Kate Gosselin's Kids Are Growing Up So Fast—See The Family's First Day of School Pic!
- Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union Look Madly in Love at Wedding Rehearsal Dinner—See the Pics!
- EJ Johnson Gives Hilarious Breakup Advice to Dorothy Wang & Gets Involved in Her Drama With Roxy—See the #RichKids Clip!