George Clooney: Hollywood's Hottest Bachelor Plays the Field
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jan 29th 2011 05:00PM
Although you'd never guess it, this silver fox who consistently tops 'Sexiest Man Alive' charts was given the nickname 'Frankenstein' by his childhood bullies. Now, the horrors of his middle school days long gone, George Clooney is one of the world's most eligible bachelors and is no stranger to scoring with Hollywood's equally hot actresses, models ... and waitresses.
George's fame-making role as a doctor on 'ER' definitely didn't hurt his heartthrob status, and in 1988, George moved in with actress and girlfriend Kelly Preston. Although their relationship didn't last more than a year, it did lead him to the love of his life -- a pig named Max. George had bought the pig for Kelly while they were dating and claimed full custody after the couple called it quits. Max kept Kelly's empty side of the bed warm, sleeping with George at night.
But it wasn't just the boys, George and Max, for long. In 1989 George eloped with actress Talia Balsam in Las Vegas. The newlyweds had dated briefly five years prior to their Vegas nuptials but George would later say that the couple rushed into marriage. And the rush didn't end well; in 1993 the two called it quits. George's four-year taste of married life was enough for Hollywood's leading man to make one more vow -- to never marry again.
George's next partner, Celine Balitran, came with a side order of leggy blonde. In 1996 George met the bombshell waitress while filming 'The Peacemaker' in Paris. Once George wrapped the movie, the law student wrapped her life in France and headed back to Hollywood with him. George called Celine his petite copine for three years before they split.
In 2007 George began dating cocktail waitress and former 'Fear Factor' contestant, Sarah Larson. The attractive couple (we would expect no less) was a staple stunner on the red carpet even when Sarah was sporting crutches along with her gown. The pair was struck by a car while riding their motorcycle in New Jersey. But just a year later, after the violent fender bender that should have brought the two closer together, George put one more beautiful fish back in the sea.
Although he purchased an Italian mansion in 2002, George didn't have to buy the affection of Italian model and actress Elisabetta Canalis, who is 18 years his junior. In the summer of 2009 the two took their relationship public when Elisabetta began accompanying the silver fox to his red carpet events. The couple remained on solid ground for more than a year as rumors of George finally being ready to give marriage a second go began to circulate. But in January 2011, George took to 'Piers Morgan Tonight' to announce that he plans never to marry again. Elisabetta was apparently clued in to this fact along with the rest of the world.
Although we don't see George going back on his vow to keep his bachelor days alive, it does seem like he has finally found his life partner in Elisabetta. But if not, we have a feeling George won't have a hard time finding the next equally beautiful Mrs. Clooney wannabe.
More on George's storied love-life >>
MORE ABOUT George Clooney
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about George Clooney Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna urging Americans to take a moment of appreciation on Memorial Day
- Amanda Bynes arrested after tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- 'Duck Dynasty' inspires greeting cards, cigars and other merchandise
- BBC Axes Digital Initiative, Saying It 'Wasted a Huge Amount' of Money
- German Soccer Rules Europe, Can It Conquer the World?
- Cannes: 'Magic Magic' Stars Juno Temple, Michael Cera on Culture Shock in Chile (Video)
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- "Fast & Furious 6" vs. "The Hangover: Part III": Which Movie Should You See? (VIDEO)
- 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)
- 'Epic' Director Chris Wedge on Why He Almost Brought the Movie to Pixar and the Film's 'Gladiator' Influences