'New Kid' Jonathan Knight Officially Comes Out
By Christine Fenno Posted Jan 30th 2011 10:04AM
But Tiffany did it first! The word got out, so to speak, during her recent TV interview with Bravo's Andy Cohen. The redhead singer-turned-Syfy actress confirmed that she canoodled with Knight when they were tourmates back in the day, explaining that "[he] became gay later." She soon apologized for the gaffe.
As for Knight, EW.com reports that he has finally, officially come out to New Kids fans, via a message he posted Saturday on a members-only site.
"I have never been outed by anyone but myself! I did so almost twenty years ago. I never knew that I would have to do it all over again publicly just because I reunited with NKOTB!"
He continued, "I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay! Apparently the pre requisite to being a gay public figure is to appear on the cover of a magazine with the caption 'I am gay.' I apologize for not doing so if this is what was expected! My belief is that you live your life by example, and not by a caption on a magazine! If there ever has been any confusion about my sexuality, then you are someone that doesn't even know me!"
"I love living my life being open and honest, but at this time I choose not to discuss my private life any further! My fellow band members don't discuss their private lives with their loved ones and I don't feel that just because I am gay, I should have to discuss mine!"
The reunited New Kids on the Block are teaming with the Backstreet Boys for an upcoming summer tour.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Our favorite '80s teen crushes: Where are they now?
- Jo Wood: Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood and I were 'pioneers of crack'
- Celebs who don't dress their age
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- 14-Year-Old's Unbelievable Van Halen Cover
- Kim Kardashian Asks 'How The F**k Did I Get Like This'
- Why She Almost Missed Out On 'Will & Grace'
- Waterworks alert: Today's Google Doodle is a teenage contest winner
- ?Fast Five' honest trailer: A look back at what makes the franchise both glorious and ridiculous ? VIDEO
- The Benedict Cumberbatch shower scene you DIDN'T see in ?Star Trek Into Darkness' ? VIDEO
- Trailer! Jennifer Aniston's Sexy Strip in ?We're the Millers'
- Jon Bon Jovi Slams Justin Bieber: 'You're an A**hole'
- Janet Jackson Is a Billionaire