Mark Zuckerberg Faces Jesse Eisenberg on 'SNL'
By Christine Fenno Posted Jan 30th 2011 08:37AM
As predicted, Zuckerberg wasn't about to let Jesse Eisenberg -- newly Oscar-nominated for playing the young lawsuit magnet in 'The Social Network' -- hog the 'SNL' spotlight.
During the 27-year-old actor's stammering monologue about his faux bravado in nervewracking situations, a hoodie-clad Andy Samberg sidled onstage impersonating Zuckerberg. And while they bantered, 'SNL' impresario Lorne Michaels stood offstage, wondering which joker was actually the 26-year-old TIME Person of the Year.
By Lorne's side? The real deal.
Zuck delivered his punchlines with a grin ("Those guys are such nerds. I invented 'poking!'"), and soon stepped onstage as Samberg skedaddled ("Wait, have you two not met? Awkward!").
It was a stilted summit meeting, but as a Winklevoss might put it, very collegial...in a dorky way...where one of the dorks is a bazillionaire.
While Eisenberg was clearly unintimidated by Zuck's wealth/power, his description of his 'Social Network' role seemed carefully worded: "I was interpreting a fictional character in a movie script" (recall screenwriter Aaron Sorkin at the Golden Globes: "I want to thank...Mark Zuckerberg for his willingness to allow us to use his life and work as a metaphor through which to tell a story").
So Zuckerberg's gone from a controversial Internet pioneer, to a fictional metaphor, to a pretty good sport on 'SNL.'
Check out the Facebook face-off for yourself:
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Filed under:
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Jesse Eisenberg
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jesse Eisenberg Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taraji P. Henson Walks Back Racial Profiling Statement, Apologizes on Instagram
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!
- Dr. Dre Didn't Want to Make Straight Outta Compton: I Was Nervous About ''Putting a Blemish on Our Legacy''—Watch!