Mark Zuckerberg Faces Jesse Eisenberg on 'SNL'
By Christine Fenno Posted Jan 30th 2011 08:37AM
As predicted, Zuckerberg wasn't about to let Jesse Eisenberg -- newly Oscar-nominated for playing the young lawsuit magnet in 'The Social Network' -- hog the 'SNL' spotlight.
During the 27-year-old actor's stammering monologue about his faux bravado in nervewracking situations, a hoodie-clad Andy Samberg sidled onstage impersonating Zuckerberg. And while they bantered, 'SNL' impresario Lorne Michaels stood offstage, wondering which joker was actually the 26-year-old TIME Person of the Year.
By Lorne's side? The real deal.
Zuck delivered his punchlines with a grin ("Those guys are such nerds. I invented 'poking!'"), and soon stepped onstage as Samberg skedaddled ("Wait, have you two not met? Awkward!").
It was a stilted summit meeting, but as a Winklevoss might put it, very collegial...in a dorky way...where one of the dorks is a bazillionaire.
While Eisenberg was clearly unintimidated by Zuck's wealth/power, his description of his 'Social Network' role seemed carefully worded: "I was interpreting a fictional character in a movie script" (recall screenwriter Aaron Sorkin at the Golden Globes: "I want to thank...Mark Zuckerberg for his willingness to allow us to use his life and work as a metaphor through which to tell a story").
So Zuckerberg's gone from a controversial Internet pioneer, to a fictional metaphor, to a pretty good sport on 'SNL.'
Check out the Facebook face-off for yourself:
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Filed under:
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Jesse Eisenberg
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jesse Eisenberg Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fifty Shades of Grey Sex Scenes Aren't "Passionate," Dakota Johnson "Isn't Coming Off Sexy"
- Demi Moore, Tallulah and Rumer Willis Party Hop On Girls Night Out: See the Look-Alike Trio
- Heidi Montag Has "Empathy" for Renee Zellweger and Her New Appearance
- Moving Out? ?Teen Mom' Leah's Hubby Jeremy Posts Photo Of Packed-Up Truck, Slams Wife's Alleged Hookup
- Jennifer Hudson Attends The W Hotel’s ‘TURN IT UP FOR CHANGE’ Ball At W Union Square
- Wearing Black But Feeling Blue? Kim Kardashian In Post-Birthday Funk In L.A.
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Heidi Montag steps out after removing breast implants
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled after report Mama June dating sex offender