Mark Zuckerberg Faces Jesse Eisenberg on 'SNL'
By Christine Fenno Posted Jan 30th 2011 08:37AM
As predicted, Zuckerberg wasn't about to let Jesse Eisenberg -- newly Oscar-nominated for playing the young lawsuit magnet in 'The Social Network' -- hog the 'SNL' spotlight.
During the 27-year-old actor's stammering monologue about his faux bravado in nervewracking situations, a hoodie-clad Andy Samberg sidled onstage impersonating Zuckerberg. And while they bantered, 'SNL' impresario Lorne Michaels stood offstage, wondering which joker was actually the 26-year-old TIME Person of the Year.
By Lorne's side? The real deal.
Zuck delivered his punchlines with a grin ("Those guys are such nerds. I invented 'poking!'"), and soon stepped onstage as Samberg skedaddled ("Wait, have you two not met? Awkward!").
It was a stilted summit meeting, but as a Winklevoss might put it, very collegial...in a dorky way...where one of the dorks is a bazillionaire.
While Eisenberg was clearly unintimidated by Zuck's wealth/power, his description of his 'Social Network' role seemed carefully worded: "I was interpreting a fictional character in a movie script" (recall screenwriter Aaron Sorkin at the Golden Globes: "I want to thank...Mark Zuckerberg for his willingness to allow us to use his life and work as a metaphor through which to tell a story").
So Zuckerberg's gone from a controversial Internet pioneer, to a fictional metaphor, to a pretty good sport on 'SNL.'
Check out the Facebook face-off for yourself:
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Filed under:
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Jesse Eisenberg
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jesse Eisenberg Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Fifty Shades of Grey Set: See the Pictures
- Simon Cowell Organized Baby Shower for Pregnant Girlfriend Lauren Silverman: All the Details!
- Michelle Obama Stuns at Kennedy Center Honors in Sexy, Glam Gown: Pictures
- Kandi Burruss Cries About Mama Joyce Haters, Says Her Mother ‘Can Have Whatever She Wants’
- Fears HIV Outbreak In Porn ‘Could Be Major’: Infected Star Could Have Exposed BOTH Men & Women To Deadly Virus
- The Catfight Factory! Mama Joyce Attacks Kandi Burruss’ Assistant Carmon As ‘RHOA’ Star Shops For Wedding Dress
- MTV reportedly cancels 'Teen Mom 3'
- Maxim Monday: Hot models, celebs and gals next door
- ?Lone Survivor': A tribute to fallen Navy SEALs that Hollywood investors almost refused to make
- Ben Affleck Tells Playboy Why He Won't Act With Jennifer Garner Again, Thinks Daredevil Was Worse Than Gigli
- Gisele Bündchen Celebrates Benjamin's 4th Birthday With Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cake
- Jennifer Aniston's Holiday Party Brings Out Courteney Cox, Gwyneth Paltrow and More