What Happens to Charlie if Ratings Soar? A Big Bonus and a Short Rehab
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 31st 2011 09:20AM
Although Charlie Sheen has finally checked himself into an undisclosed rehab facility, no one knows how seriously he's going to take it until the ratings come in for this week's 'Two and A Half Men.'
"If the ratings go through the roof again, as they did after Charlie's incident in New York, CBS and Charlie will be out again in no time and back to his old ways," warns a close friend of the actor. "However, if the public finally stops rewarding Charlie for his bad behavior, then, and only then, can you expect him to take the situation seriously."
Why? It's simple. Charlie makes a substantial bonus on his industry-topping salary ($1.25M per episode!) if the show does particularly well.
[On that subject ... the next highest actor in sitcom land is Sheen's co-star, Jon Cryer, at $550,000 per episode. The 'Half' in the show, Angus T. Jones, is TV's highest paid teen, raking in $250,000 per.]
Mark Burg, the star's manager and an executive producer of his hit show, told PEOPLE, "Charlie knows he has work to do, and he is looking forward to regaining his sobriety."
He added, "Charlie hopes to be back at work in the near future, but there is no time frame. Regaining his sobriety is what is most important."
But insiders familiar with the situation tell me CBS only has two unaired episodes of TV's No. 1 comedy in the can. So although team Charlie claims there is no time frame ("near future"), they mean they hope the troubled actor is back on the set within a few weeks.
That seems to me like a very small amount of time to fix a very large problem.
- Filed under:
- CelebRehab -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ian Somerhalder, Nikki Reed Move in Together After Three Weeks of Dating
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Are You Ready For This? Sam Smith, Beyonce, Usher & Rita Ora Stun In VMA Rehearsals ? Sneak Peek Photo Special
- Outrage Over Woman Whose Dog Ate Marijuana ? PETA Calls It ‘A Stupid Thing’ To Do, Warns Of Potential Prosecution For Animal Abuse
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen Remembers the Time Her Kid Threw Up on Her Emmys Dress (No Joke!)
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Britney Spears' Woody Woodpecker Impression Is Spot On—Watch Her Hilarious Video!