What Happens to Charlie if Ratings Soar? A Big Bonus and a Short Rehab
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 31st 2011 09:20AM
Although Charlie Sheen has finally checked himself into an undisclosed rehab facility, no one knows how seriously he's going to take it until the ratings come in for this week's 'Two and A Half Men.'
"If the ratings go through the roof again, as they did after Charlie's incident in New York, CBS and Charlie will be out again in no time and back to his old ways," warns a close friend of the actor. "However, if the public finally stops rewarding Charlie for his bad behavior, then, and only then, can you expect him to take the situation seriously."
Why? It's simple. Charlie makes a substantial bonus on his industry-topping salary ($1.25M per episode!) if the show does particularly well.
[On that subject ... the next highest actor in sitcom land is Sheen's co-star, Jon Cryer, at $550,000 per episode. The 'Half' in the show, Angus T. Jones, is TV's highest paid teen, raking in $250,000 per.]
Mark Burg, the star's manager and an executive producer of his hit show, told PEOPLE, "Charlie knows he has work to do, and he is looking forward to regaining his sobriety."
He added, "Charlie hopes to be back at work in the near future, but there is no time frame. Regaining his sobriety is what is most important."
But insiders familiar with the situation tell me CBS only has two unaired episodes of TV's No. 1 comedy in the can. So although team Charlie claims there is no time frame ("near future"), they mean they hope the troubled actor is back on the set within a few weeks.
That seems to me like a very small amount of time to fix a very large problem.
- Filed under:
- CelebRehab -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Angelina Jolie Steps Out After Wedding, Melissa Rivers on Joan Rivers: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Bill Murray Tears Tickets at St. Paul Saints Independent League Baseball Game, Catches First Pitch: Watch!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jennifer Aniston Wasn't Mad About Friends Reunion, That's Acting
- Rehab Vet Farrah Abraham Says ?I Have Faith In' Amber Portwood's Sobriety: ?Teen Mom' Frenemies No More
- Moving Trucks Spotted Outside Mariah Carey's Apartment Building ? Is This Really The End Of Her Marriage To Nick Cannon?
- Tony Stewart Speaks Out On Killing Fellow NASCAR Driver Kevin Ward Jr. —‘It Will Affect My Life Forever’
- Comedian Tracy Morgan still struggling after crash
- Joan Rivers' condition 'remains serious,' daughter says
- Political correctness in Hollywood running amok?
- Kate Mara and Max Minghella Split Up After 4 Years of Dating
- OMG! Giuliana & Bill Rancic Share Adorable Exclusive Photos of Son Duke on His 2nd Birthday—He's Gotten So Big!
- See Photos of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt on Their Wedding Day and Looking Gorgeous... in Mr. & Mrs. Smith!